Home from Maasdam Boston to Montreal Cruise

tewmom1

Day 5 - Prince Edward Island

Finally a beautiful sunny clear day! The only one we had all week. This island is so beautiful, red clay cliffs and sand, lighthouses and a beautiful basilica. We spent the morning walking around the area.

35665867982_64e8ebecd9_c.jpgDay 5 Prince Edward Island by Dianne, on Flickr

35665866332_f90d4abd4e_c.jpgDay 5 Prince Edward Island by Dianne, on Flickr

35025008403_cf4e8ed190_c.jpgDay 5 Prince Edward Island by Dianne, on Flickr

I could see the steeples of St. Dunstan's Basilica from the ship, we eventually found our way there. What a beautiful church, amazing architecture. I am so glad we visited.

35666145262_ca1d5c9f9e_c.jpgDay 5 Prince Edward Island by Dianne, on Flickr

35666143472_f7722a8783_c.jpgDay 5 Prince Edward Island by Dianne, on Flickr

35606029772_ffc416fc0a_c.jpgSt. Dunstans Basillica by Dianne, on Flickr

to be cont'd.....

Day 5 - Prince Edward Island (Cont'd)

For the afternoon we signed up for the PEI Lighthouse and Winery tour. I would rate this tour as mediocre, the lighthouses were pretty. We spent about 20-30 minutes at each one. The winery was so disappointing, very small and there was not much room for everyone on the bus to gather together to hear the owner speak. Honestly we spent more time on the bus than at the sites.

Point Prim Lighthouse

35665865152_10097eac48_c.jpgDay 5 Prince Edward Island by Dianne, on Flickr

While most people were climbing to the top of the lighthouse I explored the area. The red sand beach area was so beautiful, I have never seen red clay this far north.

35643448861_f12afc9f14_c.jpgPEI Red Clay Beach by Dianne, on Flickr

Wood Island Lighthouse

35025006343_bec84c8317_c.jpgDay 5 Prince Edward Island by Dianne, on Flickr

We rushed through our late seating dinner so we could be on the bow as the ship passed under the Confederation Bridge for a beautiful sunset view.

35025005213_11e9a9f799_c.jpgDay 5 Prince Edward Island by Dianne, on Flickr

To end the night we went to see the Comedian in the theater. He was fantastic, combination of a singer, comedian and impersonator. Great show to end the night.

Day 6, the dreaded sea day

I personally struggle with sea days. We had no internet access, did not pay for it onboard. Many people stated that it was not worth the $$$ because the connection was so slow that you wasted most of your purchased time waiting for things to load. I ended up walking around the ship and decided to photograph things to do on a sea day. It was a fun photography project. I used my lensbaby for this.

1, Promenade Deck Reading and Relaxation

35666530702_6342ffcfa1_c.jpgDay 6 Sea Day by Dianne, on Flickr

2. Hang out at the Lido Bar

35386337620_b62f7cb709_c.jpgThe Bartender (2) by Dianne, on Flickr

3. Eat

35835575915_d449fc8f11_c.jpgDay 6 Sea Day by Dianne, on Flickr

4. Eat more

35703383171_f4f0f2c752_c.jpgDay 6 Sea Day by Dianne, on Flickr

5. Gamble

35703381731_b86aafe33e_c.jpgDay 6 Sea Day by Dianne, on Flickr

6. Do Puzzles

35703380421_e0d93d0e45_c.jpgDay 6 Sea Day by Dianne, on Flickr

cont'd

7. Drink More

35835569735_39131af3a1_c.jpgDay 6 Sea Day by Dianne, on Flickr

8. Get to know your bar staff

35703375481_6afe0c7963_c.jpgDay 6 Sea Day by Dianne, on Flickr

I did enjoy a nice nap and a movie in my cabin on this day. Another fantastic show with a magician that incorporated movies into his tricks. We then headed to the Crows Nest, the place was packed as their was a Pub Crawl going on.

All in all a very enjoyable relaxing day.

Hi,

We were on your cruise as well and had a fabulous time! I was apprehensive about it all based on some of the reviews here of the ships but found no problems with plumbing/cleanliness etc. It was all great.

The buffet food was probably the best I've had in a long time. (Princess' (my last 2 cruises) buffet is tasteless to me).

I was totally shocked in a good way how easy it was getting on at the start and getting on and off at all ports. So quick and painless.

Those bed animals are funny. My 2 yr old daughter would freak out every night when she saw them! The googly eyes just unnerved her.

Looking forward for the rest because we are booked on the Maasdam January 10th Sydney - San Diego and never sailed this HAL ship befor!!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

thanks so mucho for the review, we love HAL. Good food and everything ok. We are going on the same Cruise `but starting in Montreal.

Could you post the mail from the guide in Sydney and other places please? We are 4 of us, wanted to take a taxi to take us round. What do you think?

I need to complement you on outstanding photos!!!!

I was an Art History major and enjoyed photography!

Ended up being a Dentist because I liked working with my hands!

Your work is exceptional you look beyond the basic and really capture the moments!

I too enjoy seeing a different aspect in the moment! Great black and white!

Thank you!

Denise:)

I need to complement you on outstanding photos!!!!

I was an Art History major and enjoyed photography!

Ended up being a Dentist because I liked working with my hands!

Your work is exceptional you look beyond the basic and really capture the moments!

I too enjoy seeing a different aspect in the moment! Great black and white!

Thank you!

Denise:)

Thank you very much! I work in IT, photography is my left brain release lol.

Thank you for the review and pictures. We will be sailing on this ship and itinerary in just over a year from now.

Did you really have to do excursions in your ports, or were there do it yourself things you could do?

Thank you for the review and pictures. We will be sailing on this ship and itinerary in just over a year from now.

Did you really have to do excursions in your ports, or were there do it yourself things you could do?

I highly recommend excursions to get out of the port area and see the area. The only stop,we didn't book an excursion was Quebec, there is so much to see in the area of the ship.

We did this trip on the Maasdam after sailing on her from San Diego earlier this year. Loved it and the Maasdam is now one of our favorite HAL ships.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

THANKS ! Been thinking of taking one of the Boston to Montreal or reverse trips, your photos and commentary have me putting this on the list. Will have to wait a bit as we sail on the Amsterdam next Monday for a 14 day Alaskan cruise. Love these smaller ships, and the HAL touch is wonderful.

thanks

Augie's mom aka Terri