Recent Empress/Tampa cruisers-arrival time to port?

We'll be driving across the state the morning of our Cuba cruise in September, and just trying to decide when we should leave. We typically prefer to board as early as possible, and have arrived at Port Canaveral and Port Everglades around 10:30-11 in the past. Is that reasonable for Tampa? We've never sailed from there. Thanks in advance!

I've sailed out of Tampa on both carnival and rc. I think the earliest I've gotten on is just past 11. For my cruise next weekend I plan on arriving around 1 that way the crowds will have died down a bit and we should be able to drop our luggage at the cabin, we just take carry ons. The parking garage is easy to use, but the spots are tight if you have a big truck.

We'll be driving across the state the morning of our Cuba cruise in September, and just trying to decide when we should leave. We typically prefer to board as early as possible, and have arrived at Port Canaveral and Port Everglades around 10:30-11 in the past. Is that reasonable for Tampa? We've never sailed from there. Thanks in advance!

When we boarded the Empress on July 1st, we were able to check in a little after 10:00 and boarding began at 11:15. Enjoy your cruise.

We have found Tampa to be the easiest port to sail from. Much better than Port Everglades or Port Canaveral. Our last cruise we arrived at the port in Tampa before noon and were on ship before 12:30. Hope all goes well and have a safe trip across state. We live about 2 hours north of Port of Tampa and when we sail Empress in October most likely will leave sometime after 9 for the drive down.

If you are coming thru Orlando on I-4 please remember to factor in extra time for the traffic nightmares that occur regularly. In addition the section from Orlando to Tampa frequently was major traffic issues. I did not note if it showed where you were traveling from but I would avoid I-4 if at all possible.

If you are coming thru Orlando on I-4 please remember to factor in extra time for the traffic nightmares that occur regularly. In addition the section from Orlando to Tampa frequently was major traffic issues. I did not note if it showed where you were traveling from but I would avoid I-4 if at all possible.

I would try to avoid I-4 if the cruise somehow left from downtown Orlando. ;p The. WORST! We're coming from the Jax/St. Augustine area, so we'll take the scenic Palatka/Ocala/I-75 route.