Places to eat besides buffet embarkation

Cruiser_Bell

Everything on Lido should be open. Although everything there is like a buffet, it's not all self serve. Burgers, pizza and deli sandwiches are there. Some ships have other specialized offerings such as Asian, BBQ and Italian.

There are a variety of choices on the Conquest. Guys, Blue Iguana, Deli, Pizza and the grandbuffet are all open. Don’t miss the ol’fashion Bar-Be-Que on deck 10. All ofthese are included in your cruise fare. There is also a Sea Food Shack aft/starboard that is additional charge.

There are a variety of choices on the Conquest. Guys, Blue Iguana, Deli, Pizza and the grandbuffet are all open. Don’t miss the ol’fashion Bar-Be-Que on deck 10. All ofthese are included in your cruise fare. There is also a Sea Food Shack aft/starboard that is additional charge.

The BBQ is located up the stairs in the buffet. Even if you don't eat the BBQ, it's a quiet place to eat the first few days of the cruise. After that, more and more people find it.

We were on Conquest last year, I think literally the cruise before they opened Seafood Shack (bummer). Anyway, like Springs and Sadie said, the BBQ place upstairs from the Lido Buffet is not a bad option, especially on the first day or so before others discover it. I would make a sandwich with brisket and coleslaw.

this is a big issue for us because DH is not allowed to eat at buffets (medical issue, post transplant). We'll be on the Dream in October.

Then I guess it depends on the medical issue. Can you have a burrito or taco salad or hamburger made for you and have the plate passed directly to you? If so, then places like Guys, Blue Iguana, Pizza and deli would all be available. If that is an issue then you should eat before you board.

Then I guess it depends on the medical issue. Can you have a burrito or taco salad or hamburger made for you and have the plate passed directly to you? If so, then places like Guys, Blue Iguana, Pizza and deli would all be available. If that is an issue then you should eat before you board.

True -- these are more similar to places like Chipotle and Subway where they make the food for you and hand it over to you.

I think those would be fine...it has to do with cross contamination and how many people handle food, breathe in it...

thanks

You may want to reconsider a cruise if it is very serious because honestly you have no idea how many people touched breathed or contaminated that food prior to you getting there - Who knows how many workers were involved with the making of said product

Board after lunch, avoid the crowds and eat somewhere other than the ship that you feel is safe. Medical safety should outweigh the need to get that extra hour or two on the ship that so many feel is required "because they paid for it". It is a choice -- which is more important.

The BBQ is located up the stairs in the buffet. Even if you don't eat the BBQ, it's a quiet place to eat the first few days of the cruise. After that, more and more people find it.

Yes located in the upper Aft of the ship. The stairs are rough on those needing an elevator . The food is good and it is a less crowded area if your wanting to get away from the crowds.

Board after lunch, avoid the crowds and eat somewhere other than the ship that you feel is safe. Medical safety should outweigh the need to get that extra hour or two on the ship that so many feel is required "because they paid for it". It is a choice -- which is more important.

Agree with this

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

You may want to reconsider a cruise if it is very serious because honestly you have no idea how many people touched breathed or contaminated that food prior to you getting there - Who knows how many workers were involved with the making of said product

Yes, I was thinking this....not just the food, but everything! The railings, chairs, elevator buttons - literally everything!