Drink package changes

sidari

Not sure if my experience counts but I am travelling on a 21 night Cruise later this year and noticed that the drinks package prices had fallen. After much discussion with travel agent and MSC they did cancel the old basic package I had booked at the time I originally booked the cruise and replaced it with the new lower price on the basic drinks package so they are open to discussion on this. It was very clear however that we had to have booked this as a separate item and not integral to the initial cruise package as all inclusive.

Not sure if my experience counts but I am travelling on a 21 night Cruise later this year and noticed that the drinks package prices had fallen. After much discussion with travel agent and MSC they did cancel the old basic package I had booked at the time I originally booked the cruise and replaced it with the new lower price on the basic drinks package so they are open to discussion on this. It was very clear however that we had to have booked this as a separate item and not integral to the initial cruise package as all inclusive.

Thank you, JL. The drinks package is included for us as a promotion.

I'd be really grateful if you could check out the upgrade cost on the pamphlets they usually have on the tables around the lounges on the first couple of days and post it on here - if it's in Euros! The US$ won't count on our cruise.

If its any help. Copied from MSC Ireland today ..

ALL-INCLUSIVE RESTAURANT & BAR DRINK PACKAGE ADULT Drink all you want, where you want, in total freedom and with a light heart! Unlimited spirits (Premium brands are excluded), liqueurs, aperitifs, wide selection of cocktails, wines by the glass (our selection of white, red and rosé wine), beer, sodas, fruit juices, mineral water, espresso, cappuccino and other classic hot drinks, and takeaway ice cream in a cone or cup. The drinks included in the package can be consumed in all bars, self-service buffet and restaurants, including the speciality restaurants. The following items are not included in this offer: tobacco, champagne, bottles of wine and sparkling wine, premium spirit brands, drinks from the minibar and water provided in your cabin, souvenir glasses and food served in specialty bars and restaurants. Other excluded items are detailed in the onboard Bar List, indicated with an asterisk. TERMS & CONDITIONS: The package is for personal use only and valid for one order at a time. The ID card is non-transferrable. Abusing the terms of the all-inclusive package may cause the service to be withdrawn and the remaining days not to be refunded. The price of the package applies to each day of the cruise except for the day of disembarkation; the package cannot be purchased on daily basis. Once activated on board, the package cannot be interrupted and refunded. The package must be booked by all guests occupying the same cabin, or just travelling together and wishing to eat at the same table, including minors who must book the Child version of the package. The package is not obligatory for infants under 3 years old (i.e. who have not yet reached their 3rd birthday). The package is not available for charter cruises and for large groups (over 250 persons on the Lirica class vessels, over 350 persons on the Musica class vessels and over 500 persons on the Fantasia class vessels). The package is not available for cruises 1-3 night; the minimum number of night is FOUR (4).

Ok i appear to be missing something here on Irish site they show :- All-Inclusive Restaurant & Bar Drink Package and

ALL INCLUSIVE UNLIMITED DRINKS . Drink all you want, where you want, in total freedom and with a light heart!

As a matter if interest, are you getting that info from your logged-in area or the general website? I ask because the website was updated recently and they removed the drinks packages info. I can get it under "My Bookings" alright and am familiar with MSC packages - I've done 16 MSC cruises so far.

The drinks package that you're quoting will have different per diem rates introduced sometime in the near future. On <9 night cruises, the price will be €26 (€50 for premium) and for 9+ nights it'll be €21 (€40 for premium). The issue I have is that MSC wants to charge me the more expensive premium rate (€50) on an 11 night cruise when the cheaper rate (€40) applies for the cruise.

Ive just picked up on this thread and will be extremely unhappy if there is no sparkling wine as this is what I drink. I'm not able to get the all inclusive drinks package details up on our booking because we are only onboard for 3 nights and it shouldn't be available except our TA managed to sort it out for us to get it added on. Surely they cannot get away with letting you book a package and then change it before you get onboard. If anyone has a screen shot of the previous wording can you please post it here.

IHLOZ ............... MSC are constantly changing the items included in the packages.

A couple of years ago I could get Remy Martin XO on the premium drinks package. The price per glass was €12 (+ 15% service charge if you didn't have a package) That was removed and the top brandy/cognac available was reduced to one for €8.90. Today, the best you can get on a premium package is Martell VSOP, priced at €6.90! That's some drop in value. Added to that, the price of the premium package has increased from €44 pppd to €50 in the meantime (though MSC has reduced this to €40 for cruises of 9+ nights).

Bea.....

I think l have spotted another "issue" with my booking (not an issue really I guess)....

Our sailing is next year and purchasing the deluxe drinks package BEFORE sailing I had calculated for the three of us as follows....

7 x £44.00 ... £308.00

7 x £44.00 ... £308.00

7 x £18.00 ... £126.00

TOTAL ... £742.00

Are you saying it will be higher in 2018?

Frank

Frank ................ prices won't be higher next year - just lower per day rate for 9+ night cruises. The Deluxe (premium) was increased this year from €44 to €50 pppd. That's still the case for <9 night cruises. You're quoting Sterling prices. I don't know what you're charged in £ and my internet is acting up (slower than dial-up at the moment clear.png?emoji-mad-1709 ) so can't access the UK online brochure to see what the prices are.

Edited by Beamafar

Can anyone tell me how much the basic drinks package(formerly Allegrissimo) will cost in sterling for our 7 day cruise from Southampton, in September 2018? Thanks!

*According to the UK brochure, the price is £23, Ken.

Is the price being quoted in Euros on your booking? (I'm wondering why you're looking at the Sterling price - did you book thru' a UK agent? That's the only way I can see you'd have the ability to purchase it at £23.)

*I can't provide a link as the UK site won't load on Safari for me. It loads on Chrome but won't load the brochure! clear.png?emoji-roll-eyes-1744 I managed to get the info on Chrome on my phone.

*According to the UK brochure, the price is £23, Ken.

Is the price being quoted in Euros on your booking? (I'm wondering why you're looking at the Sterling price - did you book thru' a UK agent? That's the only way I can see you'd have the ability to purchase it at £23.)

*I can't provide a link as the UK site won't load on Safari for me. It loads on Chrome but won't load the brochure! :rolleyes: I managed to get the info on Chrome on my phone.

Hi Bea, yeah, I booked through a UK TV TA!! They quoted me £23 but I thought it was £20pppd. It seems to have increased. I'm on MSC UK site now and the AI Rest & Bar is not showing as an option!! I am on hold! Thanks Bea!

Update: Have to book it through the agent!!

Do the changes being discussed on this thread have any effect on a 7 day from Southampton in September 2018?

Hi Bea, yeah, I booked through a UK TV TA!! They quoted me £23 but I thought it was £20pppd. It seems to have increased. I'm on MSC UK site now and the AI Rest & Bar is not showing as an option!! I am on hold! Thanks Bea!

Update: Have to book it through the agent!!

Do the changes being discussed on this thread have any effect on a 7 day from Southampton in September 2018?

No - the price drop is only for cruises of 9 nights or longer and seems to be coming into effect for cruises after September this year. I say that because our upcoming September cruise is 9 nights and the lower rate does not apply to it. However, our 11 night in December has the lower rates applied.

My problem is that MSC won't let me pay the difference for the lowered price of the Deluxe (premium) package. They're insisting I pay an extra €24pppd even though the difference is now only €19 (€40 - €21: deluxe - basic).

When I booked, the included drinks package was valued at €26 pppd, (which I maintain was added into the cost of the cruise) so the real difference to upgrade should only be €14 (€40 - €26). MSC, by requiring me to pay €24 pppd is effectively charging me €50 pppd for a package that's now priced at only €40 pppd.

In respect to your situation, I'd wait a while to see where Sterling is heading. It's forecast to be at par with the Euro by next year so, effectively, you may get your package for the equivalent of €23! It's looking like it's closer to €25 at the moment. Still cheaper than if you were paying in Euros as the all-inclusive for 7 night cruises is still €26.

I still can't believe that they didn't include the drinks package for you. It was stated in the announcement about Magnifica sailing from Southampton that it was to be included in all 22 sailings.

I still can't believe that they didn't include the drinks package for you. It was stated in the announcement about Magnifica sailing from Southampton that it was to be included in all 22 sailings.

Thanks Bea. It seems you are caught between two regimes! They are getting the best of both worlds and you lose out!

I thing they stripped the price out to make the price really attractive, which it was and I booked it. Now, they are offering the same cruise at £749, incl balcony and all inclusive, the difference would be about a tenner for me if I rebooked at the lower price but I'm not sure they will accept that. I may ring them later.

I note the AI package states (on TV) "draught beers" and I wondered if the choice is being extended as apart of the Anglicisation programme?

I note the AI package states (on TV) "draught beers" and I wondered if the choice is being extended as apart of the Anglicisation programme?

I would imagine so, Ken, as they'll have more British beers on tap. The range of draught beers in the Brass Anchor pub on Meraviglia were included, too. Anyway, all draught beers are always included - it's just that Heineken tends to be the only beer in most of the bars. You have to go bar-hopping to find any alternatives.

Bytheway ................ how did you fare during the recent floods? Were you badly affected?

Thanks Bea. I hope there are more choices of lager as l'm not too keen on Heineken!

The worst rainfall was in North Donegal, well away from us. We actually left Donegal on Tuesday and the drive south was very tricky with floods on the roads. Little did we know what was falling behind us. Thanks for asking.

The newspaper article I read mentions John Smith's. The Brits are more inclined to drink ale and bitter. DH usually drinks Carlsberg, but doesn't mind Heineken. He's got so used to it from cruising, that he'll often buy it if it's cheaper. :rolleyes:

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/shipping/15226860.PHOTOS__New_2_500_person_cruise_ship_to_make_Southampton_its_home/

Glad to hear you escaped the awfulness! :)

The newspaper article I read mentions John Smith's. The Brits are more inclined to drink ale and bitter. DH usually drinks Carlsberg, but doesn't mind Heineken. He's got so used to it from cruising, that he'll often buy it if it's cheaper. :rolleyes:

Ha, I like Carlsberg even less. I'm not really a beer drinker. I like a lager if the weather is hot or I'm bbq'ing. I'm not expecting hot weather on Magnifica cruise, so a choice would be nice. I doubt I would drink ale or bitter!! I don't even drink Guinness!! :o

I'm onboard Preziosa now and I'mhappy to say that sparkling wine/prosecco/asti is on the basic AI

Thank you very much for posting that little nugget. 👍🏻:hearteyes: :*

Dave (Sidari) .... hope you see this - your other half will be glad to hear it! I know I am - I'm now looking forward to having it available in 3 weeks on Magnifica as we only have the basic package this time. It'll sure supplement the wine package I'm purchasing! :p

Have a wonderful cruise, IHLOZ!!!!!

Edited by Beamafar