Carnival's 2nd Quarter Financial Report

curtdesilets

There has been talk on this board about Princess cutting back in response to a settlement they had to pay. That is complete HOGWASH. Princess is owned by Carnival Corporation, a company launching 19 new ships in the next 5 years! They are doing just fine.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/carnival-ccl-rides-bookings-strong-112911369.html

There has been talk on this board about Princess cutting back in response to a settlement they had to pay. That is complete HOGWASH. Princess is owned by Carnival Corporation, a company launching 19 new ships in the next 5 years! They are doing just fine.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/carnival-ccl-rides-bookings-strong-112911369.html

I agree.......

Note that they report sales for the last 9 months are well ahead of the same time period a year ago and at significantly higher prices.

A sign of a good economy.:):)

I wonder if I will ever again get the price of a 7 day cruise to the Mexican Riviera I got in 2010. It was $349.00 plus port fees for an obstructed oceanview. I did this solo and got upgraded to an oceanview on the Plaza deck. It is the best cruise deal I have ever gotten. I booked about a month and a half prior to sailing.

Carnival corp does not report any details by cruise brand. No one here has any idea if Arnold Donald is

squeezing princess over the pollution fine, or not.

I think the only conclusion is that the princess fine had little or no effect on carnival corporation.

It does seem that Mr. Donald is in general squeezing the brands for more profits, with the

negative product results being noticed by correspondents here.

Good to hear and a sign of a great economy. I remember back in the 2008/2009 era when they were having fire sale prices when the economy was in the toilet.....:):):)

Bob