Transportation in Costa Maya

BecciBoo

We've been before, but it was several years ago and I note things have really changed since then. We took a cab over to Mahahual then, but we notice golf carts are available.

I need to know the price of rental. We want to go down to Shipwreck'd for the day.

Anybody been there and did you rent the golf carts?

There are carts for rent at the cruise port.

http://www.******************.com/Tour_GolfCart.cfm

But while you can drive them on the road, you can't drive them on the malecon.

Ship wrecked is south of the malecon a couple of miles so you'll probably just stay on the road the whole way. They should have a map for you, but easy to find.

Also I think that Tequila Beach, the first tram stop, rents golf carts. That's a little closer, so less time driving.

THx Sweeper, but you got censored...

Yeah I see.

****************** (dot) com

c-legs, I have no idea on taxi fare really. It's only 3 miles from port. Double a port taxi perhaps? The road does get a bit rough once out of Mahahual. I think the question would be getting back. But supposedly the guys running the "joint" know the ends and outs. They are on FB so maybe they can answer questions.

Yeah I see.

****************** (dot) com

c-legs, I have no idea on taxi fare really. It's only 3 miles from port. Double a port taxi perhaps? The road does get a bit rough once out of Mahahual. I think the question would be getting back. But supposedly the guys running the "joint" know the ends and outs. They are on FB so maybe they can answer questions.

LOL it really doesn't like your links, crew!

I think I remember passing on the way to Maya Chan. Looked like our kind of place and just thought it would be a lot closer than Maya Chan, for a change, but the guys at Maya have return transport down to an art! Just wondered what cell phone service at Ship Wreck'd was like and if that is why OP wanted a golf cart. I thought taxi fares went up quite a lot out of town - I know that used to be the case with Maya Palms back in the day but of course that is much further.

I don't do Facebook and I don't see an email address, only telephone. Have you been to this bar, or know the owners, I know you have local contacts.

Dang...must be on the outs with mods.

the link being "censored" is costa (dash) maya (dash) tours (dot) com.

Just put that all together.

C--no haven't been. I think Tropicante's new beach bike route stops there. Reviews on TA are pretty good but all I've seen are relatively recent. Site link on the pc I'm using seems to point to places in NYC as well.. This might be a nice alternative if MC and Almaplena are booked and there are 3 ships in port, making the malecon and Blue Kay a tad crowded.