Looking for some answers for upcoming Breakaway trip.

1. When first getting on the boat what restaurants can you get a sit down lunch in.(the ones included)?

2. Easiest and cheapest way to get to the beaches in Bermuda?

3. This might sound crazy but has anyone ever brought their own beach chairs from home? It is just an idea.

4. So much to see and do in Bermuda. Whats your best game plan for seeing and doing everything.

Thanks so much you all always have such great advice.

Taste or savor will be open for lunch the day you board, O'sheenans will also be open but they have mostly fast food burgers wings etc. When in Bermuda get the ferry and bus pass, the best way to see the sites and get around the island. Sorry I have never taken beach chairs, they rent them pretty cheap on all the beaches. Have a great time.

1. When first getting on the boat what restaurants can you get a sit down lunch in.(the ones included)?

Buffet and O'Shehans will be open at 11:30. The Main Dining Room (Taste and Savor) will open at noon.

2. Easiest and cheapest way to get to the beaches in Bermuda?

There are minibus shuttles right at the dock. A shuttle to Horseshoe Bay is $7 per person per way. It takes you all the way to the parking lot (vs. a public bus where you have to hike down and up "heart attack hill"

3. This might sound crazy but has anyone ever brought their own beach chairs from home? It is just an idea.

I would not bother. People do, but just rent a chair if you absolutely need it. We normally just get an umbrella.

4. So much to see and do in Bermuda. Whats your best game plan for seeing and doing everything.

There are minibuses right at the dock. They will negotiate a tour of your choice. Use the public ferry over to Hamilton for the Harbor Nights street fair ($4.50 per person per way). If the NCL free ferry is working, go to St. George. Otherwise use the public ferry to St. George.

Thanks so much you all always have such great advice.

If you are looking for menus or Freestyle Daily programs, check out my review (summary on the last page of the thread).

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2504449

When you check in, you should be given that day's Welcome Aboard schedule which will show which restaurants are open (and the time frames). A more detailed Freestyle Daily will be in your cabin. As mentioned, either Taste or Savor will be open (plus the buffet and O'Sheehan's).

Beaches: as mentioned above, get a shuttle to Horseshoe Bay right at the end of the dock. Beach chairs: only if you intend to go to one of the beaches without facilities.

Buy a 2 day bus and ferry pass right at the dock when you disembark in Bermuda. You can easily adn safely see the entire island on your own via their system.

the first tiem we went, we purchased a Fodor's and planned our time with that. However, i stayed for 7 days on the island. The 2nd, 3rd and 4th times i went i went via ship and focused on the places i liked most and/or had not yet seen.

i recommend Horseshoe Bay or Warwick Long Bay the first time you go there. But there are tons of beaches, many less traveled/popular. Mangrove Bay is gorgeous. The Crystal Caves are worth a visit, climbing to the top of Gibbs Hill Lighthouse is fun (and cheap!) and spending a few hours in St. George is interesting and the ferry ride back is gorgeous. There are forts galore. I see different things every time i go there.

I've been to Bermuda 3 times- public transportation is probably the best way to get around. The Crystal Caves are really beautiful. Last time I took the Ferry to Hamilton and then the bus to the Caves. Be sure to grab a rum swizzle or pina colada at The Swizzle Inn (and sign the walls)- it is just a short walk from the Caves. Horseshoe Bay is gorgeous as is Blue Hole if you are up for an adventure. Don't bother with the beach right by the dock. I've also gone to the Aquarium and Zoo which are pretty nice too, but small. We booked the Catamaran with Snorkeling Shore excursion last time we were there and we were given a great tour of the island and learned a lot about its history. It was worth the money!

Helpful Hint: SAY HELLO AND ASK ANY BUS DRIVER HOW THEY ARE DOING! IT IS CONSIDERED RUDE IF YOU DON'T! :)

Thank you so much for all your great advice. I will be leaving the beach chairs home. a few more questions?

1. what time is Harbor nights?

7:00. The 6:30 ferry is very busy. Get there early.

2. what is the latest to get on the boat when its docked?

You can stay out all night when the ship is docked. Gangway is open 24/7. All aboard is 30 minutes before departure.

You guys are the best.

Enjoy Bermuda!