Full suite UBP grats. Waived ?

grammy c

Ncl quietly changed policy overnight in June, without warning. Many who were on the fence about booking were caught with having to pay fees that were included the day before. Nasty business practice, IMHO. Should have had press release first with heads up for those who were going to book. Announcement that would give details and language like, after July1, previous perks that included grats would now have to pay per person.

We were booked on the Sun in a suite for June 2018 (booked Dec. 2016), which has now been switched to the Jewel. Looking at my original confirmation, we were not charged beverage or dining service charges. Looking at the new confirmation, we have been charged for these.

Is that correct? If the promo when I booked did not have these charges, should I be charged for them now? Norwegian changed the sailing from Sun to Jewel, so it was not my choice to re-book.

Ncl quietly changed policy overnight in June, without warning. Many who were on the fence about booking were caught with having to pay fees that were included the day before. Nasty business practice, IMHO. Should have had press release first with heads up for those who were going to book. Announcement that would give details and language like, after July1, previous perks that included grats would now have to pay per person.

Thanks for letting me know. Even my TA was unaware. I feel quiet unloyal at the moment, and will be within one point of platinum after this coming up trip. I I think there might not be another ncl after this. Not just for this, but all the other nasty tricks along the way.

Why is that any different from raising cruise prices with no notice, which has always been common practice?

Thanks for letting me know. Even my TA was unaware. I feel quiet unloyal at the moment, and will be within one point of platinum after this coming up trip. I I think there might not be another ncl after this. Not just for this, but all the other nasty tricks along the way.

We were booked on the Sun in a suite for June 2018 (booked Dec. 2016), which has now been switched to the Jewel. Looking at my original confirmation, we were not charged beverage or dining service charges. Looking at the new confirmation, we have been charged for these.

Is that correct? If the promo when I booked did not have these charges, should I be charged for them now? Norwegian changed the sailing from Sun to Jewel, so it was not my choice to re-book.

Whenever I have had cruises moved due to NCL messing about with itineraries, the perks etc from the original booking have been retained.

For example, we have a 6 meal SDP for an upcoming cruise as a perk, despite the fact that only 4 meals were offered at the time the itinerary was introduced. This is because our reservation was transferred from an older one that changed.

In your example, I think your reasoning is absolutely correct, and I would bring it up with NCL.

As it is their change I don't see how they can change the terms of the booking, and it's possible someone just made a mistake.

Is your booking reference the same? I wonder whether it was just treated as a cancellation and rebooking.

Thank, Keith! I called NCL this morning & spoke to a very helpful lady regarding removing the beverage & dining service charges added to the Jewel confirmation. Was on the phone w/her for about 1/2 hour, with her having to put me on hold a few times to speak to a supervisor, but she agreed that these should not have been added to the new confirmation. They have been removed & I now have my new confirmation w/o the charges.