Cruise Critic Community
Pccruisin

Getting passport stamped in Costa Maya

I'll be cruising to Cozumel and costa maya in November and really want a Mexican passport stamp does anyone know how and where I can get it stamped at in Costa Maya? All the posts I've read on here are quite a few years old I was wondering if anyone had recent information

There is no immigration process in Caribbean ports.

But there is a custom clearance process that does check the cruise line listing of passengers and crew and cargo and clears the ship for debarkation. So yes you do not need a passport to enter Mexico, but you can get it stamped. Again, best to check with your ship's guest services desk and ask there for specific ports.

Some of the ports have little booths set up that advertise passport stamps for a small fee. I'm wanting to say it was just a few dollars.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I've never paid for a passport to be stamped in any port. We make it a point to get stamped everywhere we go. There is always a place in port that will stamp it (official place).

I'll be cruising to Cozumel and costa maya in November and really want a Mexican passport stamp does anyone know how and where I can get it stamped at in Costa Maya? All the posts I've read on here are quite a few years old I was wondering if anyone had recent information

In Cozumel the place to get stamped is upstairs in the same building that the RonJon Surf shop is in. If you look at RonJon, walk all the way to the left of it and climb the stairs to the top and that's where they stamp.

Hi, did anyone find out where the 'official' passport stamp facility was/is in Costa Maya?

I know it is not required, my kids will be excited to get the stamp on their new passports!

On 3/21/2019 at 12:41 PM, danda0624 said:

Hi, did anyone find out where the 'official' passport stamp facility was/is in Costa Maya?

I know it is not required, my kids will be excited to get the stamp on their new passports!

Interested also.  I am pretty sure last time I was there I had to pay .50 or something for it.  But my daughter really wanted it.

Bump... 

Any feedback on where in Costa Maya to get a passport stamped? 

Thanks!