The Retreat.......

Gracie115

The cabanas on the port side and the starboard side have a floor to ceiling "plexiglass" wall/window overlooking the ocean. The Non-Side cabanas face the back of the ship and are open to the air. Sometimes the side cabanas can be hot if there is not enough air flow. On the other hand, the non-side cabanas can get pretty windy sometimes.

On the koningsdam all the cabanas have plexiglass from floor to ceiling, not just the side ones.

We have a cabana booked for our upcoming cruise this coming Sunday. I requested a certain cabana and was told that I could not reserve one.. I had to wait until I got on the ship. This is news to me that we could request it in advance.

Terri

Edited by Cruzin Terri

We have a cabana booked for our upcoming cruise this coming Sunday. I requested a certain cabana and was told that I could not reserve one.. I had to wait until I got on the ship. This is news to me that we could request it in advance.

Terri

As discussed on some of the threads on cabanas, the Bar Manager runs the on board cabanas. You can always request, but only on Eurodam does the Bar Manager (actually an employee in Seattle) actually assign and reply to requests in advance of boarding.

I have found if you have a special need (in our case we booked two cabanas for family, and requested them together) you can sometimes squeeze some info out. We did the special request on KDam, then made a Eurodam booking, then tied the two cabana/ship requests together, and found out the assignments for both ships.

As discussed on some of the threads on cabanas, the Bar Manager runs the on board cabanas. You can always request, but only on Eurodam does the Bar Manager (actually an employee in Seattle) actually assign and reply to requests in advance of boarding.

I have found if you have a special need (in our case we booked two cabanas for family, and requested them together) you can sometimes squeeze some info out. We did the special request on KDam, then made a Eurodam booking, then tied the two cabana/ship requests together, and found out the assignments for both ships.

I made a call to ship services and the rep with whom I spoke said that she will send my request to the ship and I should get an email. She apologized for the misinformation I previously received.

Terri