Magic Review July 2-8

fozzy1975

Quick review of the Magic July 2-8th. Hubby and I drove to the port and parking was a breeze, except we did not know that we needed to pay for parking when we arrived, no biggie just surprised. We had FTTF and were on the ship by 11:10. We went directly to our room 10275 Lido Balcony which was ready dropped off a few things and were eating a guys burger by 11:30! We spent the remainder of the day at the pool until muster. Our station was A5 and we were in the showtime lounge. in and out in about 30 min our so, not bad.

We saw our steward Max and he was very nice! He asked if we wanted service 1 or 2 times a day. We asked for 2x and any special requests. I did ask for Ice and had it fresh everyday.

Quick side note about FTTF. We still did not have our luggage after the muster drill and i noticed that a lot of other people did and i know they did not have FTTF. I went to guest services (thankfully for FTTF as the line was AWFUL!!) She told me that this sailing they were having lots of issues with luggage and refunded me with an onboard credit in the amount I paid for FTTF which I thought was very nice.

Discovered the Alchemy Bar which took alot of my money! We were there EVERY NIGHT before dinner! Loved the olives cheese and nuts they give you but loved the drinks even more!

Day 2 was Nassau. Got my breakfast buritto which I have been waiting months for. Did not do much. Went to the Pandora store and walked to a fort my husband wanted to see. Back on board by 11:00. Enjoyed and empty ship some drinks and the mongolian wok which was yummo! More sun, afternoon snack and a nap! Alchemy bar and dinner. we had ATD which was great. Never a wait except on the 1st formal night and the last night. The waiter was fantastic and we requested him everynight.

Day #3 Sea Day! Woke up at 6am no clue why seemed like a pattern this cruise. got myself together and headed to the lido by 6:30 ans yes....chair hogs were out already. Planted myself in a chair and stayed there literally ALL DAY! It was july 4th. There was a deck party some other games and a PACKED pool! Word to the wise...ALWAYS WEAR YOUR FLIP FLOPS ON DECK! YOU WILL BURN YOUR FEET! Guys for lunch more sun and drinks, afternoon snack, nap time Alchemy bar and dinner. Seems to be a pattern here loL!

Day #4 Amber Cove We planned to stay on ship that day. It was a rainy gloomy day. Did get off and walk around and shopped a bit then back as the weather was not so nice. Found a comfy chair on deck 11 and guess what... lunch more relaxing afternoon snack nap Alchemy Bar dinner.

Another side note. We are not really night time people. We did go to 3 shows which were OK but not great. We LOVED the band Young Guns and tried our best to watch them every night. We did go to a adults only comedy show but what a hassle and not worth it! I was told they are testing a new process only on the Magic. You show up to the vibe lounge 1 hr before the show is scheduled to start. We wanted to see the 10:30 show and thankfully we were there at 9:10 and the line was long already! We waited till 9:30 when they started to give out tickets. They were done by letters A-G I think. We were letter B. Once you get your letter, you are to come back 30 minutes before the show and they call you by letter and let you in. Way to much waiting in my opinion. I am on vacation and it was just not worth it to us so sadly we did not see the other comedian.

Day 5 Grand Turk 2 words only JACK SHACK! AMAZING. Its a bit of a walk. about 10-15 minutes after Margaritaville but so much worth it! The beach at Margaritaville was full of seaweed and rocks. Jacks Shack was smooth with no rocks no seaweed just pure bliss. Drinks were STRONG and Tiki the bartender does no measure! We had Jerk Chicken and Conch fritters! BEST we ever had! We planted ourselves in a chair/water at about 8:30 and left at 2:30 and we did not want to leave. got back to the ship had a snack and then a nap lol! Alchmey bar and dinner!

Day 6 last sea day Started off again at 6:00am out at the Lido by 6:30 and Planted myself there all day! Drinks food, no nap as we used that time to pack :( Last stop at the Alchemy Bar and then off to dinner. Saw a show had to have one more fix at the Alchemy bar but this time brought it to the Balcony and enjoyed a drink alone listening to the sounds of the ocean. That never gets old.

Going home day :( :( :( I cried. Yep proud to admit it! We booked this cruise March of 2016 and all that planning and excitement it was now over. Just a memory. We were zone 2 off the ship by 7:45 done with customs and in the car by 8:15 or so.

Other details...

My birthday is in July and they sent me $12 off a photo and $50 off at the spa. I used the photo coupon not the spa, everything was soooo expensive.

If you wait 30 minutes after guys opens you wont have to stand in line. It baffles my husband and I as we watch people line up 20-30 minutes before they start to serve. We walked up at 12:45-1:00 no line what so ever.

Guys BBQ again with the lines I don't get. We got there about 1:10 waited maybe 5 minutes if that. About the BBQ, not a fan. Hubby liked me, but I could take it or leave it.

Noise on the lido. I was concerned about booking a room on the lido due to noise. Did I hear the noise? YES but only during the deck party and when they played movies and I head it with the balcony door closed. Would I book a Lido cabin again?? Sure would!! The ease of when I had to use the bathroom I would go right to the cabin! That was worth it to me!!!

Being up so early on a sea day we looking for something to snack on before breakfast opened. Nothing!! It was about 7:00 I wanted a danish ,muffin something but nothing and the buffet did not open till 7:30am. Hubbs tried to get pizza that early as that was open 24hr and again, no one was there.

BIG NOTE: They did have bitter and blanc!!!!! I was so excited. But again all good things must come to an end. It was not the same as I remember. I had pecans on it with Cinnamon and an orange drizzle. Not bad, just not what I remember and do not wish to have again. The souffle on the other hand AMAZING, and the melting cake...Lets just say I gained 8lbs!!!!!! so in my opinion the food was good lol!!!

We had awful cabin mates next to us! Both left and right did not know how to close a door! They only knew how to slam it! Both main door and balcony. It was AWFUL. I actually said something when they were outside and they said they would try. It was better for 1 day!

I know I am forgetting something, but we had a fantastic trip and cannot wait to go on another! Let me know if you have any questions I will try my best to answer them.

Edited by fozzy1975
We had awful cabin mates next to us! Both left and right did not know how to close a door! They only knew how to slam it!

My husband and I are booked in the same room on our Magic cruise next April! Feeling a little better about booking the Lido deck now. Hopefully we will have better neighbors! :cool: Thanks for the review.

Other details...

My birthday is in July and they sent me $12 off a photo and $50 off at the spa. I used the photo coupon not the spa, everything was soooo expensive.

You could have got your nails done for the cost of tax and/or grat as fire nail job is only $49.99

THANKS for a great review, with valuable information. I'm sailing "Magic" in November, and can't wait to get aboard, as I've not been aboard this ship for some time now. I agree with about 99% of what you posted, and know that your info will be of great interest to those of us lucky enough to get to sail "Magic" again. THANKS

"SKY"