Using Cash for onboard expenses

Due to the recent fluctuating exchange rate in my home country, I am considering to pay by cash for our onboard expenses. Previously I just charge everything to my credit card so I have no experience using cash.

What are the disadvantages of using cash for onboard expenses, if any?

We will be on Vision of the Seas Canada/New England cruise, if it matters.

Thank you for letting me know.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

You can absolutely do what you want. My advice is to open your account with a credit card and leave it until the last evening, when you can settle in cash and be done with it. I'm not sure if Vision has the stateroom account on the TV but if so you can track your purchases on the TV; if not, Guest Services will provide a printout of your bill whenever you want.

Have fun. :D

You will still charge everything you buy on the ship to your cabin. On the last day, you may settle your bill however you want..Give them your credit card so you don't have to keep going to the desk to add funds. Then, on the last night, go and pay off your bill in cash. NOTHING is actually charged to a credit card until the cruise is over.

You cannot "pay as you go"...it has to be charged to your cabin.

Due to the recent fluctuating exchange rate in my home country, I am considering to pay by cash for our onboard expenses. Previously I just charge everything to my credit card so I have no experience using cash.

What are the disadvantages of using cash for onboard expenses, if any?

We will be on Vision of the Seas Canada/New England cruise, if it matters.

Thank you for letting me know.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

There is no disadvantage.

As stated above, if and when your account hits $500 in charges, you will be notified and asked to pay that balance down. Then you continue charging and pay off the balance on the final night. If you never hit that amount (for instance, if you have pre-paid your gratuities and don't spend much on board), then you just pay off the total on the final night.