West Bay Beach - Best Day Pass Resort???

The Fun Researcher

We'll be in Roatan in January and are mainly planning to be at West Bay Beach to hang out, snorkel, and grab some lunch. We plan to do a private tour through Rony's.

There are 7 of us (three are kids, ages 16, 13,10). Can you recommend the best day pass from the following?

Thank you very much in advance! -Dan

1. West Bay Beach – Gran Roatan Resort day pass ( for now no charge)
  2. West Bay Beach – Mayan Princess Resort day pass (+ US$ 25 P/P)
  3. West Bay Beach – Infinity Bay resort day pass (+ US$ 25 P/P)
  4. West Bay Beach – Foster Resort day pass (+ US$ 10 P/P)
  5. West Bay Beach – Bananarama Resort day pass (+ US 10 P/P)
  6. West Bay Beach – The Beach Club day pass (+ US$ 25 P/P)
  7. Las Palmas beach and restaurant ( + US$ 10 P/P)

By your signature, you'll be docking in Coxen Hole. Las Palmas is just up the road by the airport. Short taxi ride, but not West Bay. I believe the Beach Club may include transportation, which is usually a good thing, but you don't need it. Bananarama is a good spot with it's abundant shade lockers and outside shower. Infinity Bay has a pool. Likewise Mayan Princess if that's of interest. Fosters is up a ways along the West Bay Beach and they appear to have more day use packages now where some include transportation and lunch. My only real issue with Fosters is that they have in the past allowed local hawkers to ply their trade along the beach and restaurant and these folks, although trying to make a living, can be pests if they don't take no for an answer. If that doesn't bother you or if these people have moved on (and they are all along Tabayana/West Bay to varying degrees, then you may want to give them a closer look. You can also contact Rony and get his suggestions.

Any reason you did not consider these guys? They are my favorite when I am in Roatan. There are vendors strolling the beach, but in my experience, had no problem accepting a friendly "no thanks "

http://www.beachersroatan.com/

I didn't know about them.. Thanks for sharing. I'll look into them. In my original post, I simply copied the options from Rony's website, in the list of options for their private tour.

Any experience snorkeling from this place?

Dan

Beachers is a great spot. If you got the list off Rony's site, the "Beach club" may be a different club than the others, there are many, and he may be getting a special rate there so doesn't advertise the name. Rony's an upstanding guy so I doubt he would take you to a sub-par place.

I agree you would need to confirm location of the Beach Club but I suspect it might be San Simon - haven't been so cannot comment, just trying to help locate.

As Crew says unless you are visiting other places en route some of the resorts include transport in their normal day pass rates so presumably Rony's rates reflect that.