Day 5 Oasis Cruise Observations

it has been an awesome cruise to this point. This is my 17th cruise but my first in 12 years! Times and ships have changed. When we arrive home in a few days I,'lol try to post a review of my thoughts. But for today I thought I would make just a brief comment. I read this board for weeks before we boarded so I would be prepared. And I am happy to report that as of day 5, I have NOT seen any of the following: saving pool chairs. Sharing drink packages. Shorts in the dining room. People bothered by smokers. Rude staff. That's right, I have not seen any of those! Probably because I haven't looked for them. Been way too busy having a wonderful vacation with my family! Great cruise. I'll write more when I'm home.

I totally agree! Some people find negative things no matter what they are doing. I have read reviews where people complain of lack of variety of food, cleanliness of common areas, blah, blah, blah! I often wonder if they were on the same ship that I was on and what they are eating at home. I have been on 14 cruises and although some have been better than others, I've always had a great time!

Looking forward to hearing all the positives. I leave Aug 06 and plan on having a blast with my kiddos. Even if there are people wearing shorts (the horror) on formal night or a staff member having a bad day (totally unacceptable) I will be in heaven waking up to coffee on our balcony and 7 days of no cooking or cleaning up after my family. Im a photographer so I hope to come back with a ton of photos of all the good stuff I find.

it has been an awesome cruise to this point. This is my 17th cruise but my first in 12 years! Times and ships have changed. When we arrive home in a few days I,'lol try to post a review of my thoughts. But for today I thought I would make just a brief comment. I read this board for weeks before we boarded so I would be prepared. And I am happy to report that as of day 5, I have NOT seen any of the following: saving pool chairs. Sharing drink packages. Shorts in the dining room. People bothered by smokers. Rude staff. That's right, I have not seen any of those! Probably because I haven't looked for them. Been way too busy having a wonderful vacation with my family! Great cruise. I'll write more when I'm home.

Well said, some days when I read some of the threads on here, it takes me months to come back. People are so miserable these days! Enjoy life!!

Cool! :cool:

I am one also that when I write my reviews I do not include things like some carpet looked worn in areas, furniture looks outdated, what it was like when I started cruising 9 years ago, etc, etc, etc. We just do not be around the ship looking for stuff like that. For food we eat at all types of places, buffets, hole in the wall joints, 5 star, Chili's, Applebees, Texas Roadhouse, etc. fast food joints, Food Court at the mall food, backyard BBQ's and the list could go on. So when we are on a cruise there is not really a whole lot that does not please us. Sure we have sent things back for something else in the MDR cause we didn't like what we ordered but that was it...no problem and usually we went against the Head Waiter telling us not to order a certain item. I have not figured out yet for the life of me why some people who thinks that Royal is so God awful bad and constantly complain about everything still book 3, 4, 5 or more cruises with them every year.

Cool! :cool:

I have not figured out yet for the life of me why some people who thinks that Royal is so God awful bad and constantly complain about everything still book 3, 4, 5 or more cruises with them every year.

This[emoji1312]

For the price I pay I'm blown away with what I get on all the cruises I have done in the past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk