Haven 2-bedroom on Epic and other questions

Beachiekeen

We are looking at a cruise on the Epic for 2018 spring break in the Haven. I have looked on Youtube, etc. and it appears that the second "bedroom" of the 2-bedroom Haven is really a small room by the 2nd bathroom with a couch that folds out, is that correct? We were considering it for my husband and me and then our BFF that we often cruise with. He has always gotten his own inside room but if he goes, we would want him to have access to the Haven with us so we were considering this arrangement.

Will this room really accommodate 3 adults comfortably? I am just worried we will be too cramped. Since he is a solo cruiser, a Haven penthouse isn't really in his budget.

As for Haven perks, is there a list of them anywhere on NCL's website? I looked but couldn't find it. I gather it's the courtyard (which has a pool and hot tub), lounge, restaurant, access to Posh area and butler service is that right? Is there priority embarkation/disembarkation?

In the event BFF doesn't do the Haven, is the H20 adults area free?

I guess if we decide to do the Haven and BFF doesn't, I've read that he can come to our room/balcony and possibly eat at the restaurant for a charge, he just can't use the pool or lounge. Is this right?

Also I've read that some rooms are not near the Haven area but have Haven privileges--is there a way to know which ones those are? We would want to be where the courtyard is, near all the amenities, etc.

Sorry for all the questions--I really did try to search and looked on NCL's website! TIA.

We are looking at a cruise on the Epic for 2018 spring break in the Haven. I have looked on Youtube, etc. and it appears that the second "bedroom" of the 2-bedroom Haven is really a small room by the 2nd bathroom with a couch that folds out, is that correct? We were considering it for my husband and me and then our BFF that we often cruise with. He has always gotten his own inside room but if he goes, we would want him to have access to the Haven with us so we were considering this arrangement.

Will this room really accommodate 3 adults comfortably? I am just worried we will be too cramped. Since he is a solo cruiser, a Haven penthouse isn't really in his budget.

As for Haven perks, is there a list of them anywhere on NCL's website? I looked but couldn't find it. I gather it's the courtyard (which has a pool and hot tub), lounge, restaurant, access to Posh area and butler service is that right? Is there priority embarkation/disembarkation?

I guess if we decide to do the Haven and BFF doesn't, I've read that he can come to our room/balcony and possibly eat at the restaurant for a charge, he just can't use the pool or lounge. Is this right?

Also I've read that some rooms are not near the Haven area but have Haven privileges--is there a way to know which ones those are? We would want to be where the courtyard is, near all the amenities, etc.

Sorry for all the questions--I really did try to search and looked on NCL's website! TIA.

Yes, the room will easily hold 3 adults. The 2nd bedroom is a decent size. I don't remember, though, if the 2nd bathroom has a shower or not.

Yes, there is priority embarkation and disembarkation. Also priority tendering in tender ports.

Yes, the H2O area is free.

If he is not in a Haven access suite, you can always have your BFF visit your cabin. You can arrange room service meals in the cabin (catered from any restaurant on the ship) which he can join you for. No, he cannot use the pool and lounge areas. You can bring him to the Haven restaurant for a charge, but there may be a limit on the # of times he could do that.

There are Penthouses outside of the Haven area, they are considered full suites and have Haven privileges. I think the Spa suites also may have Haven access..they do on other ships.

Thanks for the information. Yeah we looked at a spa suite too--it is listed under the Haven section and has access to the thermal suite. It was only $200 more for the cruise we were looking at. So many great choices! We'll figure it out. I do want to make sure we are close to everything so maybe I'll have to do more research.

It might be better for the BFF to have his own room so it's good to know he can still join us for some things.

You can bring him to the Haven restaurant for a charge, but there may be a limit on the # of times he could do that.

Recent reports are that non-Haven guests are no longer allowed to dine with Haven guests in the Haven restaurant. This may vary by concierge, however.

In-suite dining (even Haven meals) is no problem.

I've sailed in the haven 2 bedroom on the epic with my family. And am booked on it again in October with my adult daughter. I've slept in the second bedroom and my daughter will be in it in October. The second bedroom is small. But for a single adult it is okay. The bed worked for me. Not as comfortable as the master. The room steward will bring in an extra mattress pad if you want it softer. The room steward and the butler go out of their way to make sure everyone is comfortable. I'd rather stay in the 2nd bedroom than have someone in my party book another room on a different deck on the ship. The living room area cabin is definitely big enough for 3 adults.

The second bedroom does have its own bathroom with a shower.

There is a shower in the 2nd bedroom a full bath. My friend stays in the smaller bedroom. It's like a studio room but with Haven benefits.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Oh wow, a studio is probably what he would do so maybe he should just room with us. Most likely we'll either go by ourselves and do the Haven or the BFF will room with us. I seriously doubt we will go together but be in separate areas.

The 2 bedroom is perfect for2 adults. There is separation with his own separate space and bathroom. Definately recommend all 3 of you book Haven tigwther. Just a side note. Balcony is very tiny.

The 2 bedroom is perfect for2 adults. There is separation with his own separate space and bathroom. Definately recommend all 3 of you book Haven tigwther. Just a side note. Balcony is very tiny.

Yeah I saw that on Youtube. It looked like the penthouse balcony was actually alot bigger.

Yes. It would be very comfortable for 3 people. The second bedroom is the sofa set up as a bed. You can ask for a topper for additional comfort. The second bedroom has a toilet and shower.

Yes. Courtyard pool, 2 hot tubs, sauna, steam room, private gym looking down on the courtyard, Posh Club private sundeck and bard, Havens lounge, Havens restaurant (inside and outside). Your butler and concierge will take care of you. snacks every afternoon. Room service from the Havens restaurant or MDR or o'shehans (for free).

H20 on the Epic is the best in the fleet and is complimentary. Small pool. Adults only during the day.

You can bring your friend into the Havens Restaurant for an additional charge. He can come to your room and hang out. Your friend can not use any of the Havens facilities.

Aft suites. Spa Suites are all outside the Havens proper.

We were in a 2BR the last time we were on the Epic. We actually selected a forward facing 2BR which has the solarium balcony (i.e., air conditioned, enclosed with windows that slide open). A good balcony if you want 180 degree views without getting windblown. The master bathroom (tub and shower) also have large forward facing picture windows.