AC power plugs and sockets: British and related types

LazyMary

Just off the Crown, no european socket by the desk, only 2 US plugs very close together and also right next to the telephone socket. Couldn't say about a socket under the bed as I forgot to check.

This notice was sent to us 2 days before we embarked on Crown on May13.2017.

IMPORTANT NOTICES

ELECTRICAL OUTLETS ON CROWN PRINCESS

"We look forward to welcoming you aboard Crown Princess for your upcoming cruise.

Please be advised that Crown Princess is outfitted with 110v AC electrical outlets with U.S. plug fittings. Guests traveling with electronics using UK-style square pin sockets or Australian 220v sockets should bring adapters, as they are not supplied on board.

As a reminder, surge protectors, irons, and electric kettles are not allowed on board. Electrical devices such as small fans, power strips, multi plug box outlets/adaptors, and extension cords without surge protectors are allowed onboard when used with proper caution. However, if such devices are determined to pose a hazard they will be removed and returned the last day of the cruise prior to debark."

I used an adapter, but could only use one as the sockets were too narrow to have 2 side by side at the desk. We never found the European socket that the lamp was plugged into, as the bed was too heavy to move. We were in an outside cabin E321.

I had a 5way USB adapter plugged into it. This meant that the current was split 5 ways.

My iPad and iPhone charged well, but my husband's Samsung Galaxy phone had to be re booted every morning, as the screen was blank! Re booting brought it back to life.

No idea why this happened, we wondered if the current was too weak.

I have attached a photo of the sockets between the hair drier and the phone, sorry it's dark.

82a7f3250edeb7619fe06140d7f3b881.jpg

Edited by upwarduk

• 4 months later...

Take with American/Canadian (2 flat blades) and Euro (2 round posts) adapter plug fittings. All electronic devices use both 110 volt and 220 volt outlets. (Camera, mobile phone, tablet) If using a curling iron, make sure it can be used for 110 and 220 volt outlets. (This will be printed on the curling iron.) Do not plug any device in the bathroom other than an electric razor. A power-board comes in handy for multiple connections.

Just off the Crown, no european socket by the desk, only 2 US plugs very close together and also right next to the telephone socket. Couldn't say about a socket under the bed as I forgot to check.

Use a power-board (power-strip) as this will have from 4 to 6 plug outlets, which fixes the problem with 2 US plugs being very close together. That's how I got around this issue.

Use a power-board (power-strip) as this will have from 4 to 6 plug outlets, which fixes the problem with 2 US plugs being very close together. That's how I got around this issue.
Or, just take a Universal adaptor which can take 2 USB cables and a plug. No where near the size or as cumbersome.

Sent from my VFD 900 using Tapatalk

Sorry to tag on to this thread--I saw outlets listed for multiple ships above, but not the Diamond Princess. We have a B2B on the Diamond next month from Australia.

What outlets are in the Diamond Princess? Mini Suite if it matters.

I assume it is OK for us to make jokes about America changing its political code of conduct with your President??? LOL

MODs perhaps you would like to delete this post and the one I quoted

FWIW folks, I protested my own (this) post in the hope that the MODs will use my post to help them understand why elfinmagic's post is offensive and respond accordingly by deleting both posts.

i have no idea what you are going on about

On a side note, its impossible for Britain to leave Europe, its the continent we belong too, this is no more possible than Mexico leaving North America.

Ps can i wear shorts to the dining room, they are really smart lol

See post #26.

I tried to move the bed to get to the European socket, but it was impossible.

Does anyone know what the amps on a cruise ship is for the two hole british plugs....American is 110....I bought an adapter so I can plug stuff into the two hole british plugs but I'm not sure it is safe....:confused:

Here is a photo of my power strip that I used on both the Regal and Royal Princess. I bring an digital alarm clock that lights in the dark and night lights and chargers for my IPad and IPhone.

37878565665_4626a6e713_z.jpgDigital Clock _3320 by Howard /url]

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000F9YN2M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

26989064279_7a039daca4_z.jpgPower Strip_3319 by H

Night light in the bathroom

26989064229_b12f116dc1_z.jpgRoyal Princess Bathroom Night Light _3336 by Howard

My toenail clipper holds up the flap for the night night so I don't pee on the floor in the middle of the night

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00K8B2MPM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Howard