C&A benefits, which can you still enjoy on a whole ship charter?

Anyone take a whole ship charter who are also Crown and Anchor members? Were you able to use any of your C&A benefits on board?

I've recently booked on a full ship charter- am Diamond and I can't get my balcony discount, but will there be a diamond lounge? Diamond cocktail drinks on the sea pass? Free internet minutes? Free photos? Bag of laundry discounts? Or any of the other onboard C&A benefits? Did your cruise nights count towards your C&A status?

The person I booked with said I sign in with my Crown and Anchor number once I'm booked, but I'm crowd sourcing because I'd like to hear first hand experiences and don't trust the charter company to have the right info. Thanks!

That's a question for the charter company. They would have to arrange (and pay for) those events.

I've not yet heard of a charter cruise that did not earn C&A points.

From my experience, since I only cruise on whole ship charters, I was given the C&A benefits for my Gold level status including the Johnny Rocket's coupon all of which were loaded on my S&S card during my Allure cruise in January. Points are also accrued the same as with non-charter cruises as I made Platinum after my January cruise.

Anyone take a whole ship charter who are also Crown and Anchor members? Were you able to use any of your C&A benefits on board?

I've recently booked on a full ship charter- am Diamond and I can't get my balcony discount, but will there be a diamond lounge? Diamond cocktail drinks on the sea pass? Free internet minutes? Free photos? Bag of laundry discounts? Or any of the other onboard C&A benefits? Did your cruise nights count towards your C&A status?

The person I booked with said I sign in with my Crown and Anchor number once I'm booked, but I'm crowd sourcing because I'd like to hear first hand experiences and don't trust the charter company to have the right info. Thanks!

This may vary someone for a few reasons. I have yet to sail on the Buckeye Cruise for Cancer, but a friend who frequently does said that when it was on Indy (from my memory) there were enough Diamonds on board they opened the DL. I think she told me they didn't do that when it was the smaller Brilliance) Again from my questionable memory.

That's a question for the charter company. They would have to arrange (and pay for) those events.

I've not yet heard of a charter cruise that did not earn C&A points.

Thanks Bob, they say I'll get my benefits, but again, the alcohol benefits, I just don't know...that's three drinks a night on the seapass or an open DL. Since most of my friends (it's a Zumba cruise! ) are not C&A members, I'm less likely to go to the lounge and more likely to hit lounges elsewhere. It's not a major deal, just helps me with planning my costs. As it is, this charter is really expensive and completely non refunadable. But it's a bucket list thing for me and some friends reconnecting with a Zumba teacher of ours who moved to FL recently! I've already scored the corner aft on deck 7 (being in the know helps;)) so our group can enjoy a larger balcony.

From my experience, since I only cruise on whole ship charters, I was given the C&A benefits for my Gold level status including the Johnny Rocket's coupon all of which were loaded on my S&S card during my Allure cruise in January. Points are also accrued the same as with non-charter cruises as I made Platinum after my January cruise.

Thanks it helps to hear from people who have done a whole boat charter since they might handle that differently than a group on a public sailing.

This may vary someone for a few reasons. I have yet to sail on the Buckeye Cruise for Cancer, but a friend who frequently does said that when it was on Indy (from my memory) there were enough Diamonds on board they opened the DL. I think she told me they didn't do that when it was the smaller Brilliance) Again from my questionable memory.

Bill, that's helpful! Sounds like there is some effort to extend benefits to repeat cruisers. Of course I'm not expecting a lot of repeat cruisers from this gang...it's a Zumba Cruise, but one never knows! 😂

That Buckeye Cancer cruise caused many cancellations for me over the years! I prefer to sail from the w coast and that week was always my girls HS winter break, and every year without fail, I'd book, OSU would charter (and I'd usually get a better cruise for the same price and maybe some OBC for the same time frame, shh, don't tell anyone, but I did that for years, after being caught by surprise the first year! ;) ) Now, no more kids vacay, yeah, so I get much better prices in both cruises and flights!

I have been on several charters (8 RCCL & 4 Celebrity) and it all depends on the charter operator. One charter operator gave all the benefits that would be on a regular cruise another charter operator gave us none of the benefits of our D+ status. I will say with all of our charters to date we did receive the correct points on the cruise. My suggestion would be to contact the charter operator and ask them what their policy is.

We were on a charter cruise once. Half of the passengers were with a group mature and sexy or something like that. This was a Freedom class ship, so there were a lot of them. There were a few times their events closed areas of the ship. The Solarium, for example, but generally other than their dress, I didn't notice them. All the C&A perks were there, and for once, the concierge lounge wasn't packed. I'd totally do that cruise again.

They were everywhere. Sharp dressers. I didn't care for the music as much.

Actually, that's the only time I had a price drop that I could take advantage of. That allowed us to move to a GS...which has been somewhat of a curse. ;-)

Don't wanna derail this topic, but is there someway to find out if there are any charter groups on specific sailings? Would RCL keep a list in a public domain?

The cruise line does not publish a list of groups on sailings.

I've had some luck doing an internet search using the name of the ship and the sailing date in different forms.

We are doing a Ship Charter on Brilliance in December. We are staying in a full suite as well as being Diamond. It all depends on the Charter. Our cruise benefits Kidney Dialysis. Before we booked, we specifically asked if the Suite Benefits as well as C&A would be honored. We were told yes. After we booked (more than a year and half out), they said that due to expense, the CL and DL would not be open during the cruise nor would Concierge be provided. I guess these are all expenses that fall back on the charter. We protested as did others. A agreement was reached to open and staff the CL as normal with the caveat that there would be NO complementary drinks for Status or in the CL. The CL bar would be open as a cash bar. They will also offer the munchies in the morning and evening and we will have access to the coffee machine. I am not sure yet if they have agreed to open/staff the DL yet or not. I believe this cruise will have very low number of Diamonds and above. We both have the DX just because we like to pay it and forget it.

We talked to the "owners" of the cruise. This is a charity cruise and provides sailing for free for select Dialysis patients, provides them a cabin and facilities to accommodate the required equipment. They are also providing Doctors and Nurses to administer. Royal requires a certain amount of $ from the charter for booze. The charter bares a huge expense for one or two open bars during the cruise. So in order to meet the requirements $, the charter elected to eliminate the C&A and Suite complementary drinks. The charter may charge anything they want for drinks and our DX were about $10 more a day than a normal package. I don't even want to venture a guess how much a pay as you go drink will be. Not to mention our cabin prices were about 30% higher.

We are still looking forward to this cruise. its a bunch of Bikers. This cruise has been going on for at least 10 years. This is the first time for full ship charter. Suites sold out in the first 10 minutes and all balcony cabins were booked the first day. It has been a total sell out after six months and the waiting lists for balconies was closed in December and the inside waiting list nearing closure.

The cruise line does not publish a list of groups on sailings.

I've had some luck doing an internet search using the name of the ship and the sailing date in different forms.

Right, google is the best way! Also, you are right, that I'm interested in full charter. I've done group sailings/partial charters before, usually other than the group closing venues for private events, (and the ocassional annoyance of a large group with interests that might not align with your own) nothing is different for the "regular" non group passengers.

This Zumba cruise is a full charter, they have a very restrictive cancellation policy and top pricing, I'm thinking they feel there's plenty of demand, no need to sugar coat anything. The cruise contract reads like an indentured servant contact ;p:')

I know I'm probably not going to see any of my benefits based just on that alone! Oh, well, it's an opportunity to do something interesting once in a lifetime! I've got an Azamara cruise in Oct and Liberty in March to enjoy my bennies and a slightly quieter vibe!

We are doing a Ship Charter on Brilliance in December. We are staying in a full suite as well as being Diamond. It all depends on the Charter. Our cruise benefits Kidney Dialysis. Before we booked, we specifically asked if the Suite Benefits as well as C&A would be honored.

Thanks, this info is very helpful...sorry yours made a change after you booked! I'm wondering how many folks drink on a dialysis cruise anyway? I mean...aren't a good percentage ON dialysis while on the ship?

Anyhoo- I'll have to wait and see what this one offers, I expect Zumba ladies and fellas to be making frequent use of the bar! My own gang will have to debate the merits of Package or no package, I don't even take advantage of the free Diamond drinks I usually get so I'll be a a no drink package person myself...water for me, after all those Zumba classes ;)

Enjoy your biker and dialysis cruises! (What a combo!)

Thanks, this info is very helpful...sorry yours made a change after you booked! I'm wondering how many folks drink on a dialysis cruise anyway? I mean...aren't a good percentage ON dialysis while on the ship?

Enjoy your biker and dialysis cruises! (What a combo!)

Actually, no.... I believe there is only 10 cabins reserved for the actual people on Dialysis. The proceeds go to an organization called Debbie's Dialysis Fund. Debbie was the Charter Owners Wife. The two of them were bikers and started the High Seas Rally some years ago (2002). It is not common for people on Dialysis to take cruises (I've heard it can be done now with portable equipment but comes at a great expense). Each year, the HSR has grown in numbers. This is the first cruise where the entire ship has been chartered. I can't post the url for the site as they are now travel agents but it shouldn't be too hard to figure it out. Debbie passed away some years back but they are keeping the cruise going. Last one was on Freedom out of PC. No, we don't need dialysis. This is our first year to try it out.

Actually, no.... I believe there is only 10 cabins reserved for the actual people on Dialysis. The proceeds go to an organization called Debbie's Dialysis Fund. Debbie was the Charter Owners Wife. The two of them were bikers and started the High Seas Rally some years ago (2002). It is not common for people on Dialysis to take cruises (I've heard it can be done now with portable equipment but comes at a great expense). Each year, the HSR has grown in numbers. This is the first cruise where the entire ship has been chartered. I can't post the url for the site as they are now travel agents but it shouldn't be too hard to figure it out. Debbie passed away some years back but they are keeping the cruise going. Last one was on Freedom out of PC. No, we don't need dialysis. This is our first year to try it out.

Ahh, I see! Isn't that a nice tribute to her! I hope you all have a great cruise!