Scattering Ashes

Bookworm1985

I have checked Carnival's website, and browsed here on CC, so I know what I need to fly with the ashes and to complete the ceremony. My question is for those that have actually done it, what urn did you use? Carnival made mention that biodegradable salt urn were permitted, but what about other kinds? I see sand ones, and sugar ones, even paper ones. Are they all permitted as long as they are biodegradable? I would hate to be on the cruise then find out what I have is unacceptable.

I have checked Carnival's website, and browsed here on CC, so I know what I need to fly with the ashes and to complete the ceremony. My question is for those that have actually done it, what urn did you use? Carnival made mention that biodegradable salt urn were permitted, but what about other kinds? I see sand ones, and sugar ones, even paper ones. Are they all permitted as long as they are biodegradable? I would hate to be on the cruise then find out what I have is unacceptable.

This would probably best be addressed with a phone call to Carnival reps in Miami. Ask them to follow up with an e-mail to you.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you do a search on this forum (and a few of the other cruise line forums) for the word "urn" you will find a number of threads with people's experiences and the types of urns they used. Here are a couple I found right away (there are more):

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2451732&highlight=urn

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2492450&highlight=urn