How is the Food Qyality in the MDR of Anthem / Best Restaurant to Dine "

DW and I did a B2B on Anthem last September. Of the complementary dining options, we ate at American Icon, Chic, and The Grande, each a couple of times. We enjoyed all of them. If I had to rank them most to least favored, it would be The Grande, American Icon, then Chic. At that time, each had their own menu. I believe that has since changed.

One night we ate at the Windjammer and it too was good and really laid back, which was awesome. We will be eating dinner in the Windjammer more often on our upcoming cruises. Of the up charge dining options, We ate at Chops and Jamie Oliver's which were both very good!.

We will be back on her in 130 days, December 2. Can't wait.

Happy cruising and I hope the food offerings will resonate with your palate.

Anthem MDR is good but not amazing and the selections are defiantly less than they where 5 years ago. I think of it like above Applebee's or Fridays.

Now I found the lunch in the MDR on Sea days to be exceptional. As in worth giving up my chair, getting out my swimsuit and putting on real clothing just to go to lunch. They had the cold fruit soups at lunch that I adore.

We dinned in Jamies and we loved it ate there 2x. Not everyone enjoys it as much as we do but since majority of the time our idea of Italian is Olive Garden to us its wonderful.

We also went to chops 2x the first time I had the best steak of my life......the best ever and I love Filet going to Flemings tonight and I know it wont be as good as that Chops filet. The second time I had great steak but it wasn't as good. Maybe the first one spoiled me. I put it above Long Horn but not above Flemings. We don't have a Ruths Chris around here so it has been years since I have been to one.

Went to Wonderland 1x and it fun and different but not as good at Jamies or chops. Wonderland is more about the experience.

Thanks so very much for your replies:D . We have been on many many Celebrity & RCCL cruises going back to the early 90s when we started to cruise .

Yes We too agree that the MDR food presentation ,selection & quality has change over the years & not necessarily for the better . Then the special restaurants are in many ways a very good value when making comparisons to their equals on land .

We no doubt wil lenjoy several dinners in the special restaurants during our August 31st Anthem ,9 night NE/Canada cruise :)

A note about the quantity. The portion size can vary quite a bit. The vegetarian ravioli was just 5 pieces with a bit of sauce. Luckily I had ordered 2 entrees that night! Another night I could barely finish the Chicken Parmigiana that was about half the size of the plate.

I was part of a group that traveled on Anthem for 9 nights earlier this month and with the exception of 2 evenings, my family along with the others dined in the MDR Chic and and found the food to be very good. We were pleasantly surprised. There were a few items that were not to the liking of some but our waitstaff was eager to bring something else. We had no complaints at all. My family also ate one night in Jamies. We enjoyed it but to us it was average. Friends of ours dined there another night and loved it so everyone's experience is different. We also dined in Chops which we really enjoyed and if we had to choose, we would return.

My family liked the MDR food including our 4 children...a couple of which are picky. We ate in Chic a few times at lunch and got the always good tutti salad! We loved the sushi place for lunch and my fave food on the ship was Jamie's. Have fun!