Mini Bar Bill - on-board statement

mandylennon

Just to advise everyone that if you use the mini bar and have drinks, these are not charged to your on-board account and are charged as an additional amount to your credit card. A bit annoying as you can't check your spending as you go and there is no easy way of checking if you have received your loyalty discount.

P.S. you are advised about this, but it seems on Facebook that many people have been charged for items they know nothing about.

I had a couple of beers from the mini bar onour May cruise and these were charged to the on board account, From memory the charge slip was made out by our stewardess, it was hand written but debited against the on board account.

However this was done mid cruise, I imagine if its left until the last day it might be too late to figure on the on board account.

What I wonder about is if you share a cabin with a friend and have different credit cards - who pays? how does the cruise line know who had what?

Regards John

I think you and your friend will have to keep a separate account and work it out together as P & O won't know who drinks what.

My friend and I (friends for over 30 years) have a 'kitty card'. Either an extra one of mine or hers and everything is charged to that, over a holiday it usually evens out which one of us spends what and we split it 50/50.

Maybe if one was a drinker and one wasn't the only way is to have a breakdown of the bill and tick it off with your own individual list.

Thanks for that info - can you ask for the fridge to be emptied so you can just use your own supplies?

On my last 35 nighter, this year, I had the fridge stock removed upon boarding by the cabin steward and I restocked with my own preferences for the rest of the cruise. He placed it in "his box" under the bed. Not an issue throughout....... Enjoy.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

On my last 35 nighter, this year, I had the fridge stock removed upon boarding by the cabin steward and I restocked with my own preferences for the rest of the cruise. He placed it in "his box" under the bed. Not an issue throughout....... Enjoy.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That's what I was hoping.

My friend and I (friends for over 30 years) have a 'kitty card'. Either an extra one of mine or hers and everything is charged to that, over a holiday it usually evens out which one of us spends what and we split it 50/50.

We do that with our travelling companions, saves having to work out whose round it is etc, we just register one card for the 4 of us and any of us can charge to it.

I think you and your friend will have to keep a separate account and work it out together as P & O won't know who drinks what.

Maybe if one was a drinker and one wasn't the only way is to have a breakdown of the bill and tick it off with your own individual list.

I was just joking with a hypothetical question. If we were in this situation I think the best plan is to agree with your friend that every time we saw the cabin steward, repeatedly tell him the other person had the drinks. It would surely drive the steward to despair and I think he may remove the whole stock as a force majeure.

Lol John

What I wonder about is if you share a cabin with a friend and have different credit cards - who pays? how does the cruise line know who had what?

Regards John

Hi John

I had a couple of bottles of water. As it happened I was charged on my credit card as I was the lead name on the booking. If my friend had got the water or anything else , it would still have been charged to me. I was left a receipt in the cabin a couple of days after I had taken them ; it wasn't right at the end of the holiday so seems like they check every couple of days.

All we had were a couple of cokes and water mid cruise, so no excuse for not putting them through the onboard account earlier, it must just be down to the cabin steward. In fact we were never given any slips to sign.

There isn't much in the fridge, maybe 6 cans and 2 bottles of water, a bottle of wine would have been nice, would have tried our best to drink that!

All we had were a couple of cokes and water mid cruise, so no excuse for not putting them through the onboard account earlier, it must just be down to the cabin steward. In fact we were never given any slips to sign.

There isn't much in the fridge, maybe 6 cans and 2 bottles of water, a bottle of wine would have been nice, would have tried our best to drink that!

No I didn't sign anything , they just left a "in cabin beverage" stating what we had taken out of the fridge. It was then itemised separately on my credit card statement. It was not part of my on board credit card bill. Not sure why they do that. Perhaps it is because we don't sign for it.

I was just joking with a hypothetical question. If we were in this situation I think the best plan is to agree with your friend that every time we saw the cabin steward, repeatedly tell him the other person had the drinks. It would surely drive the steward to despair and I think he may remove the whole stock as a force majeure.

Lol John

:D I would be worried if they did know, I would be looking around for cameras.

We once stayed in a posh hotel nr Heathrow airport and on check out they tried to charged us for a bottle of wine we didn't have.

Apparently the mini bar had sensors and as we moved the bottle to put our own in it registered we had drunk it. Needless to say my friend (also ex job) and I were not charged #watchoutformidablewomen

:D:D

Items that you use from the mini-bar are added to your cabin bill. However, if you have anything out of it on the LAST night it will then be added on to your credit card as a separate item as they cannot, at such late notice, add it to your cabin bill.

We had a number of items on our cruise on Arcadia two weeks ago and they were all added to our cabin account.

Sent from my Sony Z1 Compact.