Embarkation Delay for Emerald Princess on July 30 Seattle?

Montana

based upon the crime this past week does anyone know of any delays for this Sunday sailing on the Emerald Princess?

I'm sure that if there is any changes they will send out information to you directly and through your TA if you used one. They are good for that stuff

I can't imagine there'd be any particular need for a delay. They've had opportunity to put agents onto the ship to conduct interviews, and could easily make arrangements to do follow-up interviews later. They've had opportunity to photograph the scene, and will have plenty of time to take evidence off the ship during the normally scheduled time (if the cruise lines can bring 150 mattresses onto the ship, swap them out, and shove 150 mattresses off the ship any given turnover day, the FBI can haul out one room's furnishings in that time).

I would prepare for the possibility of a delay. Bring a beverage or two and some snacks. Better safe than sorry.

Snacks is a good idea! We arrived once and were delayed on embarkation for about 4 hours as they had a massive outbreak of the Noro and had do to a deep ship clean before we got on. It was a long wait. They brought out water and cookies which was really nice but still a long go

As of Thursday July 27th, the ship was back on schedule arriving in Skagway on time. So the only delay could be for trying to clean or repair the two affected rooms, or to get equipment or supplies on board to do while underway. But just my personal guess, is that you will see no delay at all even if these cleaning and repairing activities are going on.

The ship will have started cleaning those rooms as soon as possible after being released by the FBI/USCG. Since it has been several days, I would guess that the rooms have been cleaned and the only thing remaining is the replacement of any carpet, furniture and beds as needed. That replacement will wait until the material is available which may be Sunday or later. The ship should sail on time unless something else impacts their departure.

Princess states on major tv news stations and in our newspapers that they are back on schedule after their unscheduled stop in Juneau.

If they don't get the two rooms in order by time of your sailing this weekend they would not assign these rooms to anyone until in perfect condition. This is not the first death for any cruise ship. It's the first murder for Princess on their Alaska cruises. More than not, on every one of our cruise someone is taken off in a gurney, covered. Usually old people; we've never seen a murder leave the ship. I thought that happened only on Carnival (I watch alot of Dateline on OWN)....just saying.....I think Princess will give you a wonderful cruise next week! Our favorite cruise line!

I feel great sympathy for all 12 members of the family on this cruise for the couple's 18th anniversary. How sad their three daughters now have lost both their mother and father.

The ship has been on schedule since leaving Juneau, except that we arrived early in Victoria due to a medical emergency. Debarkation is happening on schedule. We are in line now. No reason to think there will be any other delays.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The ship will have started cleaning those rooms as soon as possible after being released by the FBI/USCG. Since it has been several days, I would guess that the rooms have been cleaned and the only thing remaining is the replacement of any carpet, furniture and beds as needed. That replacement will wait until the material is available which may be Sunday or later. The ship should sail on time unless something else impacts their departure.

While cruising the Caribbean Princess two years ago, we had major flood issues in our cabin and the next cabin. Both rooms were given new carpet, bedding, curtains and vanity chair, while we were on board. Although the carpet was not the same color as the rest of the cabins, it was the new gold pattern from the newer ships. "Extras" are kept on board for all emergencies.