New Orleans Staggered Check In

villagenut

The carnival web site is giving me FITS!! so i decided to come to the place with the real answers.. THANKS CC

My check in time is 11:00. I thought i read somewhere that you can't even enter the port until your time? Is that correct? So do i pull into garage, drop off luggage with porter, then sit in car until 11:00? What does the logistics of this process look like?

THANK!

I to have 11:00 checkin time in NOLA, I was told that you arrive to the port area just would not be allowed to enter the building until your time. So best to just come at 10:50 and by the time you park and unpack luggage with porters should be good to go.

I agree with tony_g. They will not let you in the terminal until your assigned time. And there will likely be hundreds of people sitting and standing around outside waiting to get in. Try to time your parking and checking in your luggage so that you can walk into the terminal at 11:00.

The carnival web site is giving me FITS!! so i decided to come to the place with the real answers.. THANKS CC

My check in time is 11:00. I thought i read somewhere that you can't even enter the port until your time? Is that correct? So do i pull into garage, drop off luggage with porter, then sit in car until 11:00? What does the logistics of this process look like?

THANK!

You are allowed to show up after your checkin time. So instead of sitting in your car, just show up to the port later than your checkin time so you don't have to wait in your car

We tried to enter the port at 11:00 Am. The traffic was around the port into the highway. People were trying to park at the port.. we were in a taxi and it took up sometime just to be dropped off. Just saying, Give yourself a lot of time if you are arriving at 11 - 12

We tried to enter the port at 11:00 Am. The traffic was around the port into the highway. People were trying to park at the port.. we were in a taxi and it took up sometime just to be dropped off. Just saying, Give yourself a lot of time if you are arriving at 11 - 12

It is so much better since staggered check in has started.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

THANK!

Hi villagenut,

I just boarded carnival triumph out of New Orleans today. I got to cruise port at 10:45, dropped my bags and walked in. They let me come right in even though my check-in time was 11:00. I guess 10:45 is close enough. I was through security and had my sail and sign card at 11:15. It was record time. FTTF was boarding at 11:30. Everything took less than 45 minutes. The staggered check-in seems to be working great. Enjoy your cruise!!