Is Princess still offering the $99 Photo Package?

I agree. I feel like $199 is high for a 7 day cruise....

It feels even higher for a 5 day cruise. We got our money's worth and then some, on our cruise in January -- but I'm on the fence about paying twice as much for photos on a cruise that is two days shorter.

I do feel that the concept of the all inclusive photos is excellent. I'm just a little surprised at pricing.

The $199 listed (for a 7 day) on the cruise personalizer is discounted for IN ADVANCE of the cruise. It says the regular price is $249 onboard!

Has anyone seen the pricing of the all inclusive actually be discounted below $199 onboard?

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=52263008&postcount=239

OZ poster alerted Roll Call that it was on personalizer and I purchased immediately at the end of Jan, 2017 for a 3 week Majestic cruise, in June.....a mistake by princess???? as you can see from above...and several scattered posts discussing it on that thread.

Those of us that were lucky enough to purchase it on line, did it keep it.

I think if you are with a family group even at 249. it can be worth it....because any photo you are in will be printed. Even with 10 photos you pretty much break even and don't have to deliberate on what to purchase on the cruise, besides you get the drive.

On Majestic no photos were preprinted.

We posed every formal night at each station made sure to have every port shot taken etc.etc....we ended up with 160 photos taken...they printed 140....as they missed a few , I requested a couple of missing port shots printed but didn't brother with the rest...I mean honestly we can wall paper a room with what we got.

I don't think it will be offered again at that price.....and certainly not for extended cruises.

Edited by land lover

• 2 weeks later...
Just got $199 photo pkg email for February cruise so I guess they’ve stopped the $99 offer. Curious as to how much one formal night photo would run as well as the embarkation photo. Thanks in advance.

I think it is 20 or 25 if I am not mistaken. Had the package so did not ask.

Just got $199 photo pkg email for February cruise so I guess they’ve stopped the $99 offer. Curious as to how much one formal night photo would run as well as the embarkation photo. Thanks in advance.

Format $24.99. Non-formal either 14.99 or 19.99, do not remember which.

Guess I got lucky when I saw the $99.00 offer last year, which was good through Feb 2017. I purchased it for 2 upcoming cruises. did a 10 day Alaska cruise last September and with the $99 package, the average cost of our photos was $8.09 each. I have a 15 day Hawaii cruise coming up and have the $99 package ( bought last year) I am sure I will be getting the price per picture below the $8 mark. I jumped on the $99 price when I saw it, as without package, you can get to $99 by buying 4 photos. Don't see them offering the $99 package again...

Guess I got lucky when I saw the $99.00 offer last year, which was good through Feb 2017. I purchased it for 2 upcoming cruises. did a 10 day Alaska cruise last September and with the $99 package, the average cost of our photos was $8.09 each. I have a 15 day Hawaii cruise coming up and have the $99 package ( bought last year) I am sure I will be getting the price per picture below the $8 mark. I jumped on the $99 price when I saw it, as without package, you can get to $99 by buying 4 photos. Don't see them offering the $99 package again...

I think the time it saves from looking for ur photos and deciding which ones to select is a great selling feature.......and still at 199..a fair deal especially if you are into the photos or have a family group.As I had mentioned above I got 144 from our cruise divide that one:D....we were most fortunate....and the drive too.....

I believe that the $99 offer was to introduce us all to the option. We had not yet booked our Christmas cruise so we missed out, and paid $199 for the 3 of us on our 10 day cruise. We received over 100 photos. Well worth it when you consider we used to pay $20 to $25 per picture and had to choose.

I will definitely book it again for my 7 day April cruise.

Looked at booking the photo package in the UK advertised at $249 but $50 off if you pre-book so $199.

Great I thought until I looked at the amount to be paid £159.20

So the actual cost for the photos in the UK works out at $227

I phoned Princess no option to pay in $$ and their exchange rate was set @ £1 to $1.25 nearly 10 months ago:eek::eek: Even the lady at Princess UK was shocked and quietly advised me not to pre-book anything and pay onboard

So better off not prebooking anything at the moment buy my dollars @ $1.39 and pay onboard.

Even paying the extra $49 for photos I'm over $370 better off when combined with the tips and AIBP compared with pre booking in the UK.:D:D