Laundry

Noels100

We are booked on the Noordam sailing on the 27th of August to Alaska. Can anyone tell me how the laundry deals work and how I book one of them. Thanks for your help.

You can easily book it onboard. Your first laundry sheet will have the options of 1) unlimited 2) by the bag and 3) by the piece (#3 is not usually a good deal unless you have so little to send).

Unlimited is usually $7 per day and by the bag (all you can stuff in one bag ) is usually $20 per bag (except in Europe and some other exotic cruises).

Hope this helps.

Note that if you get the "unlimited" option, you have to buy it for every day of the cruise. So, for a 7 day Alaska cruise, that would be $49.

When we were on the Noordam earlier this summer, we did the "stuff the bag" option on one day for $20. We were able to stuff a LOT into that bag!

You leave the bag for your steward in the morning and it's returned in the afternoon of the following day.

If you have been on other cruise lines, you may be expecting paper laundry bags. (I know NCL uses them.) Fortunately, HAL uses sturdy cloth bags which are better for stuffing.

Butting in here to ask a clothing care question.(Apologies to the OP.) So many fabrics require cold water wash and delicate dry. Are the laundry services reliable for observing these standards?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Butting in here to ask a clothing care question.(Apologies to the OP.) So many fabrics require cold water wash and delicate dry. Are the laundry services reliable for observing these standards?

Not really, although I have had no issues with clothes I would wash in cold and delicate dry at home.

I haven't had an issue with cold water wash. I circle the items with cold and in special instructions write something like "items circled need a cold wash and a very delicate dry please. Thank you"

the first time I did it I said that if they couldn't do it just return the items and I would hand wash. After the first laundry came back perfectly I just made the remarks and it has always been attended to.

I can't attest for all ships though - haven't been on the Koningsdam, didn't ask on the signature ship (never thought of it) but on the S & R ships, Vistas and Prinsendam it has always been done.

Have posted this before, but will again. Before sending in that laundry, lay it all out and snap a picture, just in case something comes up missing it's easier to show them a picture then try to describe the item;p.
Good tip! [emoji4]