B2B in Quebec with overnight stay

hoopslover

We have done a b2b on the Jade in Venice and I know what the procedure was there. Has anyone done a b2b in Quebec with an extra day before sailing? We arrive on Friday at 8am and don't depart until Saturday at 6pm. We are trying to plan our Friday.

Thanks for any help from those who have done a b2b in Quebec as far as procedure on Friday morning.

We have done a b2b on the Jade in Venice and I know what the procedure was there. Has anyone done a b2b in Quebec with an extra day before sailing? We arrive on Friday at 8am and don't depart until Saturday at 6pm. We are trying to plan our Friday.

Thanks for any help from those who have done a b2b in Quebec as far as procedure on Friday morning.

We got an " In Transit " sticker to reenter the ship via a different line from the new passenger's .

We did come and go a lot too . :D

Edited by biker@sea

In time, you are going to get a whole bunch of answers. Most of which will be about other ports and what they do there and some will not even mention they are talking about a different port. You will have to guess.

Since this Canada, the process most probably will be different than in the states. And, even if somebody shares what they did on their last trip in Canada - it may still be different than what they will do this time. I guess part of it will depend if the ship has already cleared Canada immigration in a previous port, etc.

And, most B2B are the same day turnaround. Yours has the extra day to add to the confusion.

Good luck.

Edited by garycarla

We did this last year, in Quebec you do not have to get off the ship. All of us doing the B2B were given "in transit" stickers so we could re-board the ship via a separate line. The only thing that was asked of us is that if we left the ship in the AM to not try and re-board until after noon.

bonvoyagie

Aye matey we cross swords again (or maybe that is penned posts here at CC).

Yes a very smooth easy transit - you can go ashore and spend the day getting

back on the ship at any time other than the time of clearing the ship.

When that is done you can go to the head of the boarding line and await at the

gangway for clearance to board.

Only other issue if one is changing staterooms for the next leg check with guest

relations for details on your key card and movement of your baggage belongings.

Oh one small thing if another bigger ship is berthed the alternate pier for boarding

has a gangway must be a half mile long and guess what happens when you are

on the smaller NCL ship ?

garycarla

I guess part of it will depend if the ship has already cleared Canada immigration in a previous port, etc.

Previous port was Saguenay QC and the next port Sidney NB both Canada so no real Canadian issues.

Yes this is a very unusual overnight B2B cruise and the best for all concerned to experience the city of Quebec.

Only two of these New England-Canada B2B cruises offered that year.

Edited by don't-use-real-name

We have done a b2b on the Jade in Venice and I know what the procedure was there. Has anyone done a b2b in Quebec with an extra day before sailing? We arrive on Friday at 8am and don't depart until Saturday at 6pm. We are trying to plan our Friday.Thanks for any help from those who have done a b2b in Quebec as far as procedure on Friday morning.

We did Quebec on the Dawn last year. A large percentage of the passengers were on a B2B (vs. embarking in Quebec). We did a morning tour of Montgomery Falls and the countryside (so it was like a port call). Then spent the afternoon and evening on our own in old town Quebec City. Wonderful. But no matter which way we walked, it always seemed to be up hill :)

I have ask this on other post but got no response, maybe someone can help. We will be boarding the Dawn in Quebec and it stays for night. Is boarding just like any other, or can we come any time on either day to board

thank you

Interesting question.

I guess this would be the one cruise where having a flight that was delayed for even a full day would still mean you would not "miss the boat". LOL!

I have ask this on other post but got no response, maybe someone can help. We will be boarding the Dawn in Quebec and it stays for night. Is boarding just like any other, or can we come any time on either day to board

thank you

Embarkation is on Friday .

Interesting question.

I guess this would be the one cruise where having a flight that was delayed for even a full day would still mean you would not "miss the boat". LOL!

Incorrect.

No counter help , custom's or stevedores on Saturday.