Pre Cruise Hotel in Orlando, FL

Cruise Girly 88

We just booked out next cruise with Carnival for August 2018 and I got really excited trying to plan everything out! The last time we went out of Port Canaveral we flew in the day before and the hotel shuttle picked us up. They also had a shuttle going to the port the next day. It wasn't the cleanest hotel though so I'm looking for suggestions on others that you have liked :)

Thanks in advance!

Which hotel did you stay at?

If you are talking about airport hotels, then I would say the Hampton Inn on T G Lee Blvd or the Residence Inn on Augusta National Dr. Others may be good as well. Those are just the two I have stayed at.

I stayed at the Hampton Inn on T G Lee in Feb 2016 for a cruise on the Sensation. I stayed at the Residence Inn in September 2016 before going to Disney World. Both hotels have a cruise shuttle package. Most of the airport hotels do. The package may not always be available for the day you want.

Both hotels have an airport shuttle, free breakfast, free wifi, a microwave, and a refrigerator. The Residence Inn has a full kitchen. Hampton Inn has breakfast to go bags M-F and free 24hr tea and coffee in the lobby. The Residence Inn has a social hour in the lobby 5:30pm-7:30pm M-W with free wine and beer. I don't know if the wine and beer are any good. I didn't get there until 2:30am on a Thursday.

We are staying at the Hampton Inn on TG Lee Blvd the night before. I have booked a one way rental car from MCO to the Port Canaveral drop off with Budget. We usually like to head over to the port early plus it also allows us to stop by the grocery store for wine and any last minute items. Then we are using Cortrans Shuttle for transportation from the port back to the airport. They are $20pp.

Hope this helps!

Google map T.G. Lee Blvd, its about a mile north of MCO. There are multiple hotel and restaurant options, all close to one another. All will shuttle to and from MCO. Do not know about shuttle to port.

You can stay near MCO and use CorTrans, Cocoa Beach Shuttle, or Travellynx the morning of your cruise to get to the port, with fares starting at about $20 per person. Same shuttles can get you back to MCO after the cruise.

You might also look at renting a car one way (MCO-PC), which will let you stay where you want; drop the car off near the port in the morning and use the rental car company's free shuttle to get to the port. After the cruise to get back to MCO, unless your flight is later than about 2:00 I would not bother with a rental car - too much hassle for the short trip. :)

We are staying at the Hampton Inn on TG Lee Blvd the night before. I have booked a one way rental car from MCO to the Port Canaveral drop off with Budget. We usually like to head over to the port early plus it also allows us to stop by the grocery store for wine and any last minute items. Then we are using Cortrans Shuttle for transportation from the port back to the airport. They are $20pp.

Hope this helps!

The Cortrans shuttle for $20/p -- Does that include all taxes, fees, tolls? Does it include the tip? Thank you!