Must have items: packing

bobbismith

We pack from the same list every cruise...but have added a few things over the years. Mostly it's some kind of otc medicine. Now we take seperate, small bag for every kind of otc meds we commonly use, bandaids, spf Chapstick, etc. It does not take up much space and we just hang it up in the closet on the ship. It has been so helpful that we don't even unpack it anymore.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Preaching to the choir here but: May I suggest: A power strip since plugs are scarce at least with the inside cabins. Little magnets- Cabin walls are metal and this way you can stick papers on the walls instead of the finite counter space. Amazing how paper piles up. I wish Carnival offered us the chance to opt out of all the paper and go electronic. A lot of the paper handouts are advertising. If you're hot blooded like myself you may want to bring along a small personal fan.

Preaching to the choir here but: May I suggest: A power strip since plugs are scarce at least with the inside cabins. Little magnets- Cabin walls are metal and this way you can stick papers on the walls instead of the finite counter space. Amazing how paper piles up. I wish Carnival offered us the chance to opt out of all the paper and go electronic. A lot of the paper handouts are advertising. If you're hot blooded like myself you may want to bring along a small personal fan.

Yep! To all

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Forums mobile app

We pack from the same list every cruise...but have added a few things over the years. Mostly it's some kind of otc medicine. Now we take seperate, small bag for every kind of otc meds we commonly use, bandaids, spf Chapstick, etc. It does not take up much space and we just hang it up in the closet on the ship. It has been so helpful that we don't even unpack it anymore.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Instead of little baggies (which we used to take), I bought a weekly pill organizer and keep our OTC meds in it. Each little section holds a different kind of pill (we use 2 sections for Tylenol because that's what we use most frequently). It makes a big difference for our packing - you can see on the underside of the box how many are left and it is easy to refill before we go away. I used a piece of label on the top of each flip-top to say what kind of medicine is in each slot.

91ndB6F1B9L._SX522_.jpg

My darling daughter forgot her shoes - Only thing she had was her flip flops which broke day 2 after all the running around - Went to store on the disney boat got her size shoes went back to kids area they were to small - went back to the store got next size up - went back and they were to small - this time i was smart i brought her with me and we tried them on in the store - ended up having to buy another pair of shoes for this trip as well as she needed water shoes so we bought some crocs

Needless to say when you look at the christmas evening picture of us she is barefoot

My darling daughter forgot her shoes - Only thing she had was her flip flops which broke day 2 after all the running around - Went to store on the disney boat got her size shoes went back to kids area they were to small - went back to the store got next size up - went back and they were to small - this time i was smart i brought her with me and we tried them on in the store - ended up having to buy another pair of shoes for this trip as well as she needed water shoes so we bought some crocs

Needless to say when you look at the christmas evening picture of us she is barefoot

Too funny - must be something about Disney that requires new shoes. I brought my 10 year old god daughter to Disney world - she had her winter boots and what can only be described as paper shoes (from the dollar store - the bottoms were literally cardboard cutouts). Her mother had bought her a pair of inexpensive, white basic runners before the trip but didn't have her try them on. Of course they didn't fit and that wasn't discovered until the day before the trip. Neither her mom nor her said anything so we drove all the way to Florida (passing by Walmart, Payless, Target, and tons of stores) and the first day for the parks I told her she had to change her shoes (because I knew those paper shoes would kill her feet) - that's when she told me she didn't have anything else.

So I ended up paying Disney prices for a pair of Disney crocs because I was concerned with her trying to break in a pair of running shoes walking around the park.

Of course, her mother also didn't pack a swimsuit....but that's another story.

I'm a minmalist when it comes to packing. I do it the night before my flight (car service in NY) gets me to the port the morning of the cruise.

In my 21" carry on luggage, I have briefs, sox, tees, polos, dress shirts, swim trunks, shorts, dockers and water shoes, sometimes a snorkel if I'm planning that activity..

In my shoulder bag I have any meds & hygiene stuff, travel docs, Passport, & Global.Entry. card, binoculars, kindle and sometimes a LA or NYT crossword puzzle book.

It seems the more I cruise, the less I need to bring.