Shipboard Credit Certificate won at Oceania Cruises on-Board Event

mallie24

I think the TS means that this was a promotional gift given by O on their previous cruise for OBC for a future cruise. If I am correct, these are also available online to give cruisers as gifts (you can also give fruit baskets, alcohol, etc). I think you will need to explain to your TA or O if booked directly that this is an OBC certificate..they may not be understanding your terminology. You need to have a cruise booked first, then submit this certificate to them on your booking number. If this is not what you have, please clarify.

actually I won the certificate at an Oceania luncheon in Vancouver. The idea was that we would get it if we booked a cruise within 48 hours....which we did. We booked through Oceania directly and now they say "oh yes, but we can only redeem it if you booked with an outside TA ! So now I am trying to speak to a supervisor...apparently they are tightly guarded..no numbers given out so I need advise as to how to contact someone who can do something about this. Thanks for your replies. M

I believe it might be a certificate issued by Canadian TA at a Oceania presentation. It is issued by the TA company and the fine print should indicate the need to book through the TA. We won $500 years ago and used it on our 1st Oceania cruise, an18 dayTransatlantic on Marina. Loved the whole cruise.

Was the luncheon put on by a travel company? (no names)

If so they were probably soliciting business

call them & ask about the OBC

if you booked recently you can transfer the booking to a TA (within 30days) then redeem the certificate

Thank you for your responses. It was through Oceania on the Regatta. I am happy to say I received a call from Miami today. Everything has been sorted. We look forward to a fantastic voyage in Oct. Barcelona to Athens! Happy sailing to all!