Excursions Nov 12 oasis

We are going on the Nov 12 sailing from port Canaveral on oasis. Does anyone know if any further shore excursions will be added. We are wondering what to do when we get off the cruise on the last day . We are 1st time cruisers and our flight home is not til the evening. We were advised to do an excursion in Florida on the last day but currently only 2 to choose from and I don't really fancy either. Will any others be added? Or can someone suggest what we should do all day after disembarkation in the morning considering we will have all our luggage and don't fly til the evening ? Please help

I'd do a one-way car rental from Cocoa Beach to MCO. That way you are free to do whatever. Many things to do in the Cocoa Beach area (excellent free drinks at John's), plus there is Kennedy Space Center that can take up hours.

What is cocoa beach. Is that where you disembark? And what is mco? Sorry to sound stupid

Cocoa Beach is the closest city to Port Canaveral, where Oasis is based. It's a nice little resort town with beaches, a pier, nice restaurants, Ron Jon's (surf shop), and other attractions.

MCO is the identifier for Orlando International Airport, which is where I assumed is the airport for your flight home.

So when you disembark the cruise can you walk to cocoa beach or if you rent a car do they collect you ?

The rental agencies have a free shuttle that will collect you at the cruise terminal and take you to the rental agency office.

So when you disembark the cruise can you walk to cocoa beach or if you rent a car do they collect you ?

Cape Canaveral is the town that the port is in and the rental agencies are. While you could walk to Hertz it would be a long hot walk - take the rental car shuttle. Cocoa Beach is another town 7 miles south of the port along the barrier island. Pretty heavily developed beach for miles south of the port. Road toward Orlando is a toll road but your rental car is already registered for that (paid later on your credit card with around $4 fee added).

Recommend you check the Florida Departures board for more information on the area: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

We usually do one-way car rentals for this port.

I'd do a one-way car rental from Cocoa Beach to MCO. That way you are free to do whatever. Many things to do in the Cocoa Beach area (excellent free drinks at John's), plus there is Kennedy Space Center that can take up hours.

We're flying in Saturday for our Sunday Oasis cruise, staying in Cocoa Beach. Where is this John's you speak of?

We're flying in Saturday for our Sunday Oasis cruise, staying in Cocoa Beach. Where is this John's you speak of?

Right on the beach.

John, how about another photo from the balcony.

Forget about port Canaveral and Orlando excursions! Find the best cruise excursions and go for it! We are sailing Aug 20th and have awesome excursions lined up for St Thomas and St Martin based on Trip Advisor recommendations. Oooppps...not sure if I can mention Trip Advisor.......

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Forget about port Canaveral and Orlando excursions! Find the best cruise excursions and go for it! We are sailing Aug 20th and have awesome excursions lined up for St Thomas and St Martin based on Trip Advisor recommendations. Oooppps...not sure if I can mention Trip Advisor.......

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

OP is looking for something to do after disembarking in PC as she has a late flight home. Not asking about during the cruise.

Right on the beach.

John, how about another photo from the balcony.

Ohhhh...that John's. Unfortunately according to his signature he'll be spending the entire month of September on Oasis, so it may be closed for vacation. Unless it's a week he needs to check on the pets. LOL Wonder how far away my hotel is? LOL

Ohhhh...that John's. Unfortunately according to his signature he'll be spending the entire month of September on Oasis, so it may be closed for vacation. Unless it's a week he needs to check on the pets. LOL Wonder how far away my hotel is? LOL

Which hotel are you at?

I'm actually here for end of month, Laura is solo on the 24th. [emoji6]

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Which hotel are you at?

I'm actually here for end of month, Laura is solo on the 24th. [emoji6]

We are at the Best Western Ocean Beach Hotel & Suites. 5600 N Atlantic Avenue. They are "sending" the Coco Beach Shuttle to pick us up at MCO, then will bring us to the ship the next day and then back to MCO when we disembark.

I think I saw a liquor store somewhere near the hotel on the map; hoping to pick up our two bottles of wine for the cruise there.

We are at the Best Western Ocean Beach Hotel & Suites. 5600 N Atlantic Avenue. They are "sending" the Coco Beach Shuttle to pick us up at MCO, then will bring us to the ship the next day and then back to MCO when we disembark.

I think I saw a liquor store somewhere near the hotel on the map; hoping to pick up our two bottles of wine for the cruise there.

There are a couple. ABC and Yogis