Shadowmeboy's Alaskan Adventure on the Sun

shadowmeboy

Really enjoyed your review! Can I ask Susan what kind of rain jacket she wore. I am cruising on July 21 on Princess and at a loss on what kind of rain jacket to bring! I ordered 4 so far with no luck ! Either too heavy or to lite.Thanks!

Here is pictures of her in her coat. I made her model it for you! ;)

ba87ca4b527b5d3f766e8808ab343d90.jpg

25494e33eead7693fbb195b22a013e8a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Shadowmeboy -- That was very sweet of both you & Susan! I would recommend a Gortex or Rain Pack Jacket. There are many brands... Marmot, Patagonia, Columbia, Mountain Hardware, North Face, LLBean, Eddie Bauer... The key is the vented waterproof on top w/ fleece underneath -- wind resistant is also good in the 2nd layer.

Cheers -- Von & John

Thank you so much Shadow boy! Susan looks fantastic in her new duds! I love the longer length and drawstring that defines her waist. I was looking at something similar and you just convinced me to order it! Thanks and Happy Cruising!

Shadowmeboy -- That was very sweet of both you & Susan! I would recommend a Gortex or Rain Pack Jacket. There are many brands... Marmot, Patagonia, Columbia, Mountain Hardware, North Face, LLBean, Eddie Bauer... The key is the vented waterproof on top w/ fleece underneath -- wind resistant is also good in the 2nd layer

Cheers -- Von & John[/quote

Thanks for the info I plan on sizing up to accommodate a fleece or sweater.

I’m a little late but what a great review! I spent all weekend popping in and out to read it. Lovely pictures and you and your wife seem so friendly and fun.

I loved all the food pics! That’s too bad about Le Bistro. Our cruise on the Pearl is in a little less than two weeks and we have reservations there. Anyhow, I’ll look for your Mexican riviera review as I try to get through these last couple of weeks of work before Alaska! Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m a little late but what a great review! I spent all weekend popping in and out to read it. Lovely pictures and you and your wife seem so friendly and fun.

I loved all the food pics! That’s too bad about Le Bistro. Our cruise on the Pearl is in a little less than two weeks and we have reservations there. Anyhow, I’ll look for your Mexican riviera review as I try to get through these last couple of weeks of work before Alaska! Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for your kind words!

I sail Alaska again in 56 days!

Here is the link to the Mexican Riviera cruise: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2581330

-Matthew

Can't wait to read your review of the Jewel, I'll be sailing her next year!

Already getting my plan in place for that cruise. I am always excited to go to Alaska!

I am planning on getting some pictures of the Bliss sailing out of Seattle on June 9th as well!