Alternate Balcony Chairs?

Curious, are there any alternate balcony chairs that anyone has been able to request/receive on Anthem of the Seas?

On our last few cruises, we've had to move the stateroom chair onto the balcony when wanting to sit outside and read. I'm big, and the standard balcony chairs have either broken (mesh tearing), or the armrests too narrow to be comfortable.

-M

I requested a lounge chair once. Since I was being an ignorant American and not realizing the language barrier. I got EXACTLY what I asked for, a chair from one of the lounges (bars). I should have known better especially when he gave me the look like, you really want a lounge chair. Since I took total responsibility for that miss communication, I used that lounge chair the entire week.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

I requested a lounge chair once. Since I was being an ignorant American and not realizing the language barrier. I got EXACTLY what I asked for, a chair from one of the lounges (bars). I should have known better especially when he gave me the look like, you really want a lounge chair. Since I took total responsibility for that miss communication, I used that lounge chair the entire week.

Please tell us you have a pic. That's too funny!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Ok that's both hilariously funny AND the best outcome. Thank you for sharing that. Lol

How about bringing a canvas camping chair that rolls up in a carrying case.

That's a great suggestion. We've got a '48 balcony on Anthem, so we'd have the room.

That said, if there's a passable option that RCL would provide, I'd opt for that.

Curious, are there any alternate balcony chairs that anyone has been able to request/receive on Anthem of the Seas?

On our last few cruises, we've had to move the stateroom chair onto the balcony when wanting to sit outside and read. I'm big, and the standard balcony chairs have either broken (mesh tearing), or the armrests too narrow to be comfortable.

-M

The balcony chairs on Anthem are chairs that have the ability to recline and also have a footrest. They are all still in good shape as the ship is still "new". They did not seem narrow to us and were much more comfortable than other chairs we have had on balconies. My DH isn't small, though he fits in an airline seat and a dining room chair, and he found the chairs comfortable enough to fall asleep pretty much every day in one.;)

I would search for LoutheGlue's review as I think he had balcony pictures too as well as pictures of everything Anthem.

Edit: Just found that review, he had an oceanview, not a balcony. Still an awesome review to read though.

The balcony chairs on Anthem are chairs that have the ability to recline and also have a footrest. They are all still in good shape as the ship is still "new". They did not seem narrow to us and were much more comfortable than other chairs we have had on balconies. My DH isn't small, though he fits in an airline seat and a dining room chair, and he found the chairs comfortable enough to fall asleep pretty much every day in one.;)

I would search for LoutheGlue's review as I think he had balcony pictures too as well as pictures of everything Anthem.

Edit: Just found that review, he had an oceanview, not a balcony. Still an awesome review to read though.

I'll take a look at the review. Generally, in the dining rooms, I request a chair with no arms. Shoulders too wide for one airline seat. I "fit" in the chairs, but not comfortable to have the armrests pressed into me for any length of time.

Do you think the attendant would (could?) get 2 extra chairs for the balcony table in a GS (to make 4 total chairs), as we're traveling with several other people and plan on being on the balcony a lot. Thanks for letting me slightly change the subject of this thread :)

If it's allowed, and the chairs will fit, I would expect the attendant to be able to provide the chairs.