Leaving on the Oasis today!

We are an hour and 15 minutes away from Port! Traveling with hubby and two daughters (9 as of two days ago and an 11 month old). Will do trip report when I get back. Any questions I can get answered while on the ship I'm happy to try. Any last minute tips? Still haven't decided which restaurant to try tonight with our FNDR. Suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would say Giovanni's, we didn't like the service in Chops a few weeks ago. We wished we'd gone to Giovanni's earlier in the week so that we'd have known how good it was so we could go back!

If you have a chance, stop by the spa and see how private the showers are on Oasis. On Jewel, the shower stalls had a small changing area where your clothes and towels would stay dry.

Enjoy your trip!

We are an hour and 15 minutes away from Port! Traveling with hubby and two daughters (9 as of two days ago and an 11 month old). Will do trip report when I get back. Any questions I can get answered while on the ship I'm happy to try. Any last minute tips? Still haven't decided which restaurant to try tonight with our FNDR. Suggestions?

Leaving in 2 weeks! Let everyone know what you decide and how it is for FNDR. We also have reservations for FNDR and can't decide where we would like to eat.

We are also from NC & will be going on the Oasis but not till 4/15/18(too long)

We will be driving down also I was woundering if you took I 95 down all the way or did you get on 295 & go around Jacksonville.

P.S have a great time

Go around Jacksonville - brand new portion of highway - straight shot.

We had FNDR on the Oasis 7/23. They selected 150 Central Park for us which we opted to keep. Dinner was delicious and service wonderful. We also ate at Giovanni's later in the week and as has been previously posted, service/dinner was fantastic! Filet was melt in your mouth and the risotto was a favorite.

On another note, living in Jacksonville, I would recommend the eastern 295 as a more direct route to PC especially if driving through on the weekends. Weekdays would be more congested.

Leaving in 2 weeks! Let everyone know what you decide and how it is for FNDR. We also have reservations for FNDR and can't decide where we would like to eat.

We have FNDR for our February Oasis cruise and are hoping to snag dinner at 150 Central Park. Enjoy your cruise. Will be looking for your trip report when you return.

Thanks everyone! We made it on with no problems. Arrived at 10:30, was on the ship before 11:30. I was pretty impressed with how quickly the process was for getting on the ship. We were arraigned FNDR at Giovanni's and they said we could only chose between it and Sabor. At first I was a little annoyed, but since we were Considering it anyway, I decided to have a drink and get my panties out of a bunch. We are doing dinner with the kids tonight, so fingers crossed for a few bites of warm food and maybe less than five dirty looks from other people . One mad already said something ugly to me about having a baby on the baby. But whatever. Not gonna ruin our fun! Our rooms (two adjoining balcony rooms) were ready at 1:00 and we found all four bags just walking in the hall to our room. Waiting now on our crib and for someone to open up our partitions. So impressed already with this ship. My 9 year old feels like she has died and gone to heaven. I had the room decorated for her birthday and it looks great!

Thanks everyone! We made it on with no problems. Arrived at 10:30, was on the ship before 11:30. I was pretty impressed with how quickly the process was for getting on the ship. We were arraigned FNDR at Giovanni's and they said we could only chose between it and Sabor. At first I was a little annoyed, but since we were Considering it anyway, I decided to have a drink and get my panties out of a bunch. We are doing dinner with the kids tonight, so fingers crossed for a few bites of warm food and maybe less than five dirty looks from other people . One mad already said something ugly to me about having a baby on the baby. But whatever. Not gonna ruin our fun! Our rooms (two adjoining balcony rooms) were ready at 1:00 and we found all four bags just walking in the hall to our room. Waiting now on our crib and for someone to open up our partitions. So impressed already with this ship. My 9 year old feels like she has died and gone to heaven. I had the room decorated for her birthday and it looks great!

Hope you have an awesome time! We are on next Sunday's sailing and it can't get here soon enough! :cool:

Out of curiosity, how did they handle the kids with FNDR? Did you have to pay the $15 for them too, or is there a kids rate?

Going in October with granddaughters (5&3) it will be the three year old's birthday. How did you request the room decorations? We have them and their parents in two connecting balcony rooms so how did it work out with getting the divider open, and issues? If you have a chance to use the in-room babysitting let me know how it goes. We will probably do it a couple of nights so we can have some adult time with DS & DIL.

Hope you have an awesome time! We are on next Sunday's sailing and it can't get here soon enough! :cool:

Out of curiosity, how did they handle the kids with FNDR? Did you have to pay the $15 for them too, or is there a kids rate?

Yes there is a kids rate ($10). Book the adults on the web site. Add the kids on board. Otherwise you'll pay the adult rate. Enjoy.

We will be driving down also I was woundering if you took I 95 down all the way or did you get on 295 & go around Jacksonville.

P.S have a great time

We drive to our beach house in Ormond Beach every week-end during the summer form SE Georgia. We turn the radio on AM 690 once we get to Ga. Mile marker 1 ( or the Florida welcome sign) and listen to the traffic report. It has saved us many times. A lot of times there are crashes on the 295 bypass that would hold you up as long. It also helps to avoid the 3 rush hour times of day. there is about 15 miles of construction but if no wrecks.\

I -95 is a straight shot.

Have a great cruise! My family and I sail on Oasis in 5 weeks. I can't believe someone said something nasty about a baby! May I ask what was said? I have a 7 year old and 2 year old that will be sailing for the first time ever.

We make the drive regularly from NC and almost always just stay on I95. Depending on the time of day, there can be very little traffic and it is more of a straight shot. I find 295 to be somewhat out of the way. However, if you are traveling during peak rush hours, the Jacksonville traffic on 95 might be more than you want to deal with.

I will warn you that the pizza sticks kids appetizer at Giovanni's is literally a whole pizza, my kids didn't finish a whole one between them and they are big eaters!

Ignore the grumps whining about your baby. People who are offended by kids on a cruise in the middle of summer need to get a life (or better yet, get on a different cruise).

P.S have a great time

On our June trip with a three car caravan, one car did 295 and two stayed on 95. It made no difference time wise as there was no traffic on Sunday morning,