Dinner and Breakfast menus YC Meraviglia?

Gjoska

Hello,

I am very new to longer cruises. Me and mum will be on our first cruise starting 22nd September with Meraviglia in YC to celebrate my birthday (yes its one of those that end with a 0). We have done a huge amount of shorter cruises in Sweden though (24-hour ), does anyone have a good idea what the major differencies are?

I very much enjoyed everyones live updates from Meraviglia but would love to see more Dinner menus (especially the Always available section) and also a Breakfast menu? Is the breakfast the same every day or does it change?

We have done a huge amount of shorter cruises in Sweden though (24-hour ), does anyone have a good idea what the major differencies are?

Do you mean cruises like on Cinderella? If yes, you can't compare that with a real cruise! Everything is better on a real cruise, except for the price you pay for the cruise!

We were on the Meraviglia a few weeks ago and I'm sure that you will love It!

Hello,

I very much enjoyed everyones live updates from Meraviglia but would love to see more Dinner menus (especially the Always available section) and also a Breakfast menu? Is the breakfast the same every day or does it change?

I'm sure that Beamafar posted many Dinner menus in her superthread.

The breakfast menu is the same every day. You probably already know that some of the things you, as a Swede, probably eat at home isn't available but I'm sure that you will find things to eat!

Do you mean cruises like on Cinderella? If yes, you can't compare that with a real cruise! Everything is better on a real cruise, except for the price you pay for the cruise!

We were on the Meraviglia a few weeks ago and I'm sure that you will love It!

Yes, but Birka in this case. My late father worked for the company. We have done several 2-4 day cruises from Stockholm with them as well. ;)

My expectations are like one of those longer cruises, but with more sun and a LOT more luxiurious. Close to correct? What would be the biggest beginner mistakes we might do?

I'm sure that Beamafar posted many Dinner menus in her superthread.

The breakfast menu is the same every day. You probably already know that some of the things you, as a Swede, probably eat at home isn't available but I'm sure that you will find things to eat!

Haha yeah I like to eat scrambled eggs, omelets and so on when in hotels. Its also safer with my allergy to soya, as soyflour is often used in breads outside Sweden. Do they have anything like sliced fruits for breakfast? Fresh orange juice?

Haha yeah I like to eat scrambled eggs, omelets and so on when in hotels. Its also safer with my allergy to soya, as soyflour is often used in breads outside Sweden. Do they have anything like sliced fruits for breakfast? Fresh orange juice?

Fresh orange juice, yes.

Sliced frukt, yes. We ordered fruit a few mornings and our waiter asked if we wanted sliced fruit or fruit sallad, or took fruit sallad.

I ordered eggs benedict a few times and my wife really liked their ham and cheese omelette.

They also had a very nice breakfast buffet up on the pooldeck.

I've posted the photos of the other 2 dinner menus and food on the following page, G:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2511337&page=16

The breakfast menu doesn't change. However, it's very comprehensive, as you've seen. So there are plenty of choices to offer a different meal experience every day. I particularly love the smoked salmon on MSC.

Yes, but Birka in this case. My late father worked for the company. We have done several 2-4 day cruises from Stockholm with them as well. ;)

My expectations are like one of those longer cruises, but with more sun and a LOT more luxiurious. Close to correct? What would be the biggest beginner mistakes we might do?

I have been on some "cruises" to Finland and Estonia but not since our first real cruise!

More sun? Maybe not in September! More luxurious, absolutely!

Don't miss that they have Champagne by the glass included in the price! It's Laurent-Perrier in the Champagne bar and in Butcher's Cut and Nicolas Feuillatte in the other bars, including the Top Sail Lounge. (They don't have it in the menu in the Top Sail Lounge but they have it.)

Thank you Sverigecruiser and Beamafar!

Im sure it will be an adventure! As for sun, maybe not in the beginning but surely Scicily will be warm enough! :cool:

Just have to decide on tours as well. Might just splurge and go for the swimming with dolphins option. And I do want to go to Giardini-Naxos again! ;)

Im sure it will be an adventure! As for sun, maybe not in the beginning but surely Scicily will be warm enough! :cool:

My mistake, you will probably get enough sun or at least more than in Sweden! I was thinking that Meraviglia should go to northern Europe in September but I now saw that she will be in the Mediterrean the whole winner.

My mistake, you will probably get enough sun or at least more than in Sweden! I was thinking that Meraviglia should go to northern Europe in September but I now saw that she will be in the Mediterrean the whole winner.

Yes, the weather will be very pleasant in the Med in September. Meraviglia's going North next year, SC.

Just have to decide on tours as well. Might just splurge and go for the swimming with dolphins option. And I do want to go to Giardini-Naxos again! ;)

Will you do ship excursions or will you book independently?

We booked excursions from MSC in Genoa, Messina and Valletta. I can recommend the Valletta and Mdina excursion in Valletta.

In Messina we took the excursion to Taormina and the beach in Giardino-Naxos. That's a long excursion so we missed lunch on the ship (!) but my wife wanted to go back to Giardino-Naxos! A warning, the water was cold. It felt like in Sweden!

Yes thats the one we thought of in Scicily as well! Were you in Taormina or Giardini-Naxos around lunch? On my last visit I thought the food was much better in G-N...

We will probably book 2 or 3 excursions with MSC and see what we do in the other ports.

Villa San Michele was included in Naples so we might do that as well. :cool:

Yes thats the one we thought of in Scicily as well! Were you in Taormina or Giardini-Naxos around lunch? On my last visit I thought the food was much better in G-N...

We will probably book 2 or 3 excursions with MSC and see what we do in the other ports.

Villa San Michele was included in Naples so we might do that as well. :cool:

We were in G-N around lunch. They had two restaurants on the included beach, one more like a cafe/bar. We bought beers and paninis at the café and that was an okay lunch for us.

There are lots of attractive looking cafés and restaurants in Taormina at very reasonable prices for lunch. I gave directions in my 'Live' thread to a lovely place that the locals go to where we had lunch on our visit there.

We were in G-N around lunch. They had two restaurants on the included beach, one more like a cafe/bar. We bought beers and paninis at the café and that was an okay lunch for us.

I love pasta vongole so my aim is to find a good one of those! ;)

There are lots of attractive looking cafés and restaurants in Taormina at very reasonable prices for lunch. I gave directions in my 'Live' thread to a lovely place that the locals go to where we had lunch on our visit there.

I agree that there are lots of attractive looking restaurants in Taormina and we should have prefered to eat there but the time there was too short for lunch.

I agree that there are lots of attractive looking restaurants in Taormina and we should have prefered to eat there but the time there was too short for lunch.

Oh really? 10 yrs ago or so it was mostly tourist traps there. We thought the food wad more authentic, tasted more and was a lot cheaper in G-N. Of course this was before Tripadvisor so maybe we were just unlucky...

Oh really? 10 yrs ago or so it was mostly tourist traps there. We thought the food wad more authentic, tasted more and was a lot cheaper in G-N. Of course this was before Tripadvisor so maybe we were just unlucky...

They looked attractive but maybe they were tourist traps! I don't know since we didn't ate there!

Have you been there before? Where will you stay, or are you flying in the same day as embarkation?

Yes I have been quite a few times and all by myself too! Even if its strange for a girl from Sweden I watch Motogp and I have been to the Catalunya race 3 or 4 times. :D Did travel with a company that specialize in travels to Motogp-events so I know a few areas with restaurants etc.

I found a reasonably good deal on a room at H10 Universitat which is a block or so away from Plaza Catalunya where the Ramblas start. We got a nice room with a small terrace outdoor - bottle of cava included!

Would not dare fly in the same day... Going home our flight leaves at 20 so should not be a rush to get off the ship.