Advice- awful train trip to Rome

When I cruise I realize I have a good 6 hours or so to enjoy a port of call. If that port is so important to me that it's the main reason I'm cruising, then I don't cruise. I fly there and stay multiple days to enjoy the location. When I step on a ship I assume it could turn into only a boat ride and we never get off anywhere. That's why the ship choice is very important to me. Ports are secondary when cruising. I'm afraid any other resolution will have to happen post cruise when you deal with the appropriate department.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Why are these boards full of negativity? No help, just criticism.

"We have no responsibility for any such activities, which are neither run,

supervised nor controlled in any way by us" as I bought through RCI as such they are running it for me.

If you have nothing positive to contribute then please refrain from criticising or trying to make yourself look good by belittling others.

Not sure what sort of positivity you are after. Something like "they owe you mega bucks - call a lawyer (advocate) ASAP!" In fact you have received positive sympathy for a bad situation out of your control. You have also received positive and helpful advice to relax and let it go, given that the T&C clearly release RCI from any responsibility. Or would you rather responders tell Don Quixote to go ahead and attack the windmill?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just to put things in perspective, here is a recent post from a frequent cruiser who truly had a "bad" day:

"I am posting this because i just relogged into this computer and saw my old fun posts. We showed up for this sailing at the Ft. Lauderdale airport on January 6 2017. We were getting our luggage from carousel #3 when we heard a loud bang. We turned and saw a mad man coming at us with a gun. We hit the ground. Everyone within 5 feet of us died from a gunshot wound to the head. It was the beginning of a new life for us. We are survivors of a mass shooting. It was my son's 12th birthday. I am not sure why I am posting this. We went on the cruise. No luggage (held for blood splatter), in shock and not knowing what else to do. The sailing was pretty much horror filled all the way around. The weather was brutal and we missed multiple stops. My wife, mother-in-law and son stayed in bed seasick all week and in shock. I ran among the rooms with medicine. It was the worst week of our lives. We had just survived the massive wildfire in Gatlinburg a month earlier. We thought nothing would be worse than that. We were terribly wrong. Our lives changed that day. I watched a woman die in her husbands arms as they were going to go on their 60th anniversary cruise. I think she took my bullet. Sure of it in fact. Surer than anything I have ever been sure of in my life. She fell behind me. Esteban Santiago goes up for trial in 2018. He ruined many lives that day not all of which perished by a bullet. My advice to all of you...pay attention to your surroundings. Luggage carousels are "soft" targets. Anyone can come from anywhere, Hug your family now. Tell them you love them. It can all change in an instant by a madman with a gun in an airport on a winter's day."

absolutely chilling to read that!

So basically, you agreed to the terms and conditions and now you want to go back on that agreement? Doesn't work that way, sorry. If the terms were not something you were willing to accept, you shouldn't have booked the excursion.