Liberty Review

FireEater

MY 2 cents and a little tidbit of info of MY 4 day Liberty cruise from August 6th to the 10th out of Port Canaveral.

1) Parking was superb. Drop off bags and then ALL will take the vehicle to park in covered parking then walk to security then check in. No hot sun beating down on the group going on the cruise. Entry to security and check in is on deck 2 of the garage, and which is the level I parked. I did not show up until around 1pm and there was plenty of covered parking. Am not sure of price to park as I have a scooter lift on back and get free parking.

2) Got through security and checked in QUICK due to having the paperwork done PRIOR to showing up. Was on ship from security point within 15-20 minutes.

3) Ship had over 3,700 guests but it did not feel crowded. I had no problem when I wanted to get a chair by the pool. There were always something available.

4) No washy washy workers at entrance of restaurants. Not a good thing or bad. Just an observation. Last couple of cruises on other lines had them.

5) We were in 6208. Disable room. Forward, Port side. Cabin was perfect for 2 (no more then 2 allowed anyways). Plenty of storage. Fit hanging bag, suitcase, and backpack under bed with no issue. Shower drain was plenty big to where you did not need to lay down any towels to build a dam. For those who have used towels, you know what I am talking about. 1 chair, no couch though. Wife always sat or laid on bed. I took the chair. TV selection was good. Had all the major channels (ABC, CBS, NBC, plus a few others for choices). We like relaxing in the cabin most of the time, so the TV channel concerns us. HVAC (A/C) controls was a slide bar with blue for cold and red for warm. HVAC worked marvelous. You wanted cold, give it 10 min. and cabin would be cold. You want warm, slide that sucker to the right and give it 5 min, and wallaa, warm. There were no numbers to know degrees, but only a color line getting thicker or thiner. One will have to play with it for awhile to find the sweet spot for the moment….

6) Food was good both at the buffet and sit down dining restaurant. We did the normal dining experience 3 nights and the buffet 1. Did 3 room services in between meals. Wait time was anywhere from 15-30 minutes. We had the same young Thailand women deliver the 3 (guess my tips were keeping her happy).

7) I personally did not care for a few of the singers in the shows. Wrong songs for them and way too loud for what they were belting out.

8) Entertainment at the shows were either a show called the FLICK, Hasbro, the game show, America Rocks, and of course the Welcome Aboard Show the 1st night. We tried FLICK. Did not care for the singing or how out of tune they were, and even how loud it was. We left 5 min. into it. Did not go to Hasbro show. Did not go to the Welcome Show. Did go to America Rocks the last night out. I gave it a B. A lot of quick little old rock songs sung with some dancing. Great outfits!! 50% (2) of the singers were good.

9) I was surprised at the price of the chocolate covered strawberries at the coffee shop. 6 for $5. I thought it was a great price and bought them once. Coffee at the shop for a latte was a little of $3.50 or so if my memory is correct. Not sure of other items for sale.

10) Was surprise to learn that no Custom forms needed to be filled out UNLESS you needed to declare something. It was easy peasy getting off the ship and out to the car. We were not in any rush so we slept in until 7:00. Took showers. Had a snack bar and waited until our number (16) was called. We stayed in the cabin the whole time. They started calling out guests around 7:30 if you were carrying off luggage and we (16) got called around 9:10. We were off the ship, found a porter, then at the car by 9:40. The porter will walk all the way to the car with the luggage. No need to go get car then drive it around to building for loading of luggage and passengers.

11) My room cleaner went over my options for the room being serviced. I had morning, during dinner, or both as options. I chose during dinner so we could sleep in or just relax in the cabin without interruptions. First time there have been choices. I have always had both times done. He even had me sign a sheet of paper of my choice. I did want and received ice twice a day. once around 11 then again at turndown service time.

Overall, I had a very pleasant experience all the way around. Port operations were super. Ship and its service personnel were superb. Cabin was spot on.

Thanks for your comments. I'm glad you had a good experience. My January cruise on Carnival Liberty was as enjoyable as yours. I also thought the Port Canaveral parking and garage experience was well thought out and executed.

thanks for your review of my favorite ship. ( I have liked them all), but Liberty, both ship and the one cruise I took on her with my Mom a few years back, stands out as exceptional. I would love to sail on that ship again some day. Thanks again.

Thanks for the review. We are sailing Liberty in June. It's always nice to hear good things. You say you couldn't feel the crowds. Does this include lines for the Buffett, Guy's, and other food options?

Thanks for the review. We are sailing Liberty in June. It's always nice to hear good things. You say you couldn't feel the crowds. Does this include lines for the Buffett, Guy's, and other food options?

Yes, yes, and yes. Short quick lines is what I found. I guess quick is relative, but even Guy's was short and quick.