Sushi on the Fascination

cruisekitty22

• 8 months later...

The recent drydock added "Bonsai Sushi Express", which is a take-out sushi counter, where you can buy pieces or rolls for a fee.

Years ago, Carnival had this same concept, and it was offered at no charge.

The recent drydock added "Bonsai Sushi Express", which is a take-out sushi counter, where you can buy pieces or rolls for a fee.

Years ago, Carnival had this same concept, and it was offered at no charge.

Same "concept" yes - but in reality not even close. The sushi offered back then was all cooked items and wasn't very good. The current set up truly has raw items, including sashimi and is excellent.

Anyone have menu ? Going on the Victory in 8 days and they have the same thing and was curious about it. My wife loves sushi and I owe her some wondering if it will satisfy her or do it before we board in miami.

Same "concept" yes - but in reality not even close. The sushi offered back then was all cooked items and wasn't very good. The current set up truly has raw items, including sashimi and is excellent.

I thought the older sushi was fine. It was not as good as raw fish, of course, but it still had seaweed maki rolls, California rolls, etc. Just none of the really good stuff.

Even the new menu is pretty limited. No eel (unagi) which is my favorite!

I will admit, this is something I am willing to pay extra for. Sushi is the perfect snack before dinner, and you can eat just so many burgers and tacos before it's time to try something different.

I thought the older sushi was fine. It was not as good as raw fish, of course, but it still had seaweed maki rolls, California rolls, etc. Just none of the really good stuff.

Even the new menu is pretty limited. No eel (unagi) which is my favorite!

I will admit, this is something I am willing to pay extra for. Sushi is the perfect snack before dinner, and you can eat just so many burgers and tacos before it's time to try something different.

I agree, the free stuff wasn't the best, but it was free and not bad, and made a good snack. I loved the fresh pickled cucumber and carrot slices they had on the side, I ate almost more of that than the sushi! :')

And I'll gladly pay for a little extra just to get my sushi fix! :D