Check to see if you are part of the Class Action Lawsuit - if you received a call ...

MarcelLucSell

I just looked. Based on some "for examples" that listed 20,000 claims as a 5% response rate and 40,000 claims as a 10% response rate, it appears they calculate there to be as many as 400,000 potential claims.

Attorneys are asking for 1/3 of the total award for fees with attorney expenses of about $211k and administration expenses of about $800k. The expected incentive for the class representative is $50k.

In 7 years when I get a check for $10 or $900 I will surely have forgotten this thread as I am about to do... was just trying to help with an experience... bye

The only ones who get any decent money from class action suits like this are the lawyers. By signing up you are just contributing to those lawyers. You will be lucky to get a few dollars. The first and last one I signed on to (up to $1000), I got $1.30. Now I immediately ignore all of the class action suit notifications I get.

The only ones who get any decent money from class action suits like this are the lawyers. By signing up you are just contributing to those lawyers. You will be lucky to get a few dollars. The first and last one I signed on to (up to $1000), I got $1.30. Now I immediately ignore all of the class action suit notifications I get.

You can't win if you don't play!! Go ahead, send it in!!

Go ahead and file a claim if your number is on the list. I was a claimant in a class action suit that started in 2005. I never expected to get anything out of it. Imagine my surprise last month when I opened an envelope and found a check for $3152 representing my share of the proceeds of the law suit. Better 12 years late than never!

Our home phone number was on the list so I filed a claim in this current case. They say the distribution should take place after April 2018, but don't be surprised if it drags on for years with additional legal challenges.

• 1 month later...

Looks like the settlement might be around $6 each.

The Court has authorized this supplemental e-mail Notice to inform consumers who have filed claims that, to date, over two million claims have been filed seeking to recover from a Settlement Fund expected to total $12.5 million.

Due to the large number of claims, the individual recovery per consumer will be a pro rata share of the Settlement Fund. The exact per consumer recovery is still unknown, but it is expected to amount to several dollars per Class Member.