Adding guests to my time dining reservation on cruise planner gives error

Hi

I'm trying to add guests to a my time dining reservation on the cruise planner but when I search using the name and cruise reservation number, it says: "Changes are currently not supported for the reservation number entered".

It's possible for the other guest's reservation number to book my time dining when logging the cruise planner via their reservation number so it doesn't make sense. No my time dining reservations existed on the other guest's cruise planner when I tried adding them to begin with so there was no conflicts etc. I also tried doing it the other way around, adding my reservation to their my time dining reservation but got the same error.

Anyone any ideas?

Thanks

I wonder if your reservations are not linked for dining?

The two reservations should be linked as a single person is paying for both and they were both done at the same time by the same travel agent. It seems to suggest even if they weren't linked, that I could add any guest from any other reservation I wanted regardless?

The two reservations should be linked as a single person is paying for both and they were both done at the same time by the same travel agent. It seems to suggest even if they weren't linked, that I could add any guest from any other reservation I wanted regardless?

I'm not 100% sure that bookings need to be linked to be put on the same MTD reservation.

However, you can try calling this number and seeing if they can tell you the problem: 0800 018 2020.

I'm not 100% sure that bookings need to be linked to be put on the same MTD reservation.

However, you can try calling this number and seeing if they can tell you the problem: 0800 018 2020.

I rang but unfortunately the UK office is closed. My problem is that the cruise planner is no longer usable tomorrow as my cruise is on the 20th August, they suggested I just call at 9am and see if they can help me at all but it's too late by then.

Do you think it's worth me booking the same time for each separate reservation anyway? I don't want to end up arriving at the dining room and they seat us at two separate tables, 2 to a table :)

Do you think it's worth me booking the same time for each separate reservation anyway? I don't want to end up arriving at the dining room and they seat us at two separate tables, 2 to a table :)

I don't think that can hurt. If you cannot get the reservations pre-cruise, then go to the MTD desk as soon as you board and try to get everyone at the same table then.

I don't think that can hurt. If you cannot get the reservations pre-cruise, then go to the MTD desk as soon as you board and try to get everyone at the same table then.

Do you think I would be at a disadvantage if I just didn't bother making reservations and just turned up on the first day to make them? It's going to take quite a while doing it via the cruise planner since I have to repeat it for both accounts.

Do you think I would be at a disadvantage if I just didn't bother making reservations and just turned up on the first day to make them? It's going to take quite a while doing it via the cruise planner since I have to repeat it for both accounts.

Really can't say which would be better. Worst case, you can all just show up without having any reservations.

When we sailed on Allure last month, two cabins were booked at the same time and I made reservations for Anytime dining for all 4 of us on the cruise planner. My daughter-in-law's father had reservations also, but they weren't linked with ours as they used another agency and didn't give us their info.

The first night we went to the Dining Room and said we'd like all 6 of us to be seated together and that whenever we would have dinner there, we were all seated together. We explained we were all traveling together. We didn't have any problem at all. I even think that they might have had a slightly later time than we did as I did our reservations the first day they were open.

The only problem I could see is if you had Anytime Dining and they had first seating as an example. I think if you all have Anytime dining, if you all show up at your reservation time and explain the situation, they will do everything possible to help you.

When we sailed on Allure last month, two cabins were booked at the same time and I made reservations for Anytime dining for all 4 of us on the cruise planner. My daughter-in-law's father had reservations also, but they weren't linked with ours as they used another agency and didn't give us their info.

The first night we went to the Dining Room and said we'd like all 6 of us to be seated together and that whenever we would have dinner there, we were all seated together. We explained we were all traveling together. We didn't have any problem at all. I even think that they might have had a slightly later time than we did as I did our reservations the first day they were open.

The only problem I could see is if you had Anytime Dining and they had first seating as an example. I think if you all have Anytime dining, if you all show up at your reservation time and explain the situation, they will do everything possible to help you.

Thanks for sharing, I think everything should turn out okay in that case then :)

For some reason my reservation was MTD and DW had "open seating." Could not make MTD reservations for both of us with similar error to yours. Our TA had to go back and fix the "open seating" to MTD. All it takes is one person with a weird listing in a cabin to mess up the reservation process. Of course you said that you could make reservations on their listing, so you likely don't have the same problem we did. I could not make reservations for her when logged in on her account.

As others have said, the dining room staff are great setting up anything you want and if you show up together the first night they will usually volunteer to fix the rest of the cruise.

We managed to get our travel agent to make reservations at the last moment and I'm so glad we did. The cruise compasses from May indicated the welcome show was at 7:45pm so we made a reservation for 8:30pm but turns out the show is actually at 8:15pm so we went to the MDR desk (which had a very long line) to change the reservation for tonight to be later so we could see the show but they said they're completely booked up and there are no other times available from 8pm onwards. If we didn't have any reservations, I don't know what we'd have done! Will just have to try and sneak out of the show early tonight unfortunately.