Birthday onboard

az-cruiser

My DH's birthday is the day we board the ship. I always get the birthday package with the room decorated and the birthday cake for birthdays onboard, but I would like to plan something else for him. We will be on the Escape. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks:D

we always just book a specialty when its someone's birthday. my fiance's fave is Cagneys, so we do that, and sometimes we get the free cake sometimes we dont (he's not big on sweets). but if you get it, the waters all come and sing to you.

Just a quick note for asking and answering the question regarding birthdays. I am sailing on the Gem mid December and the wife has a birthday the 2nd day I been thinking about a birthday cake, decorations and a romantic dinner (renamed birthday dinner) after reading what was asked and answered I am getting all three, It could be a long 11 day cruise if I did not do something Thanks again In case you are wondering she is not turning 21 her youngest daughter is turning 30ish this weekend

Edited by Sam The Cat
add info

Just a quick note for asking and answering the question regarding birthdays. I am sailing on the Gem mid December and the wife has a birthday the 2nd day I been thinking about a birthday cake, decorations and a romantic dinner (renamed birthday dinner) after reading what was asked and answered I am getting all three, It could be a long 11 day cruise if I did not do something Thanks again In case you are wondering she is not turning 21 her youngest daughter is turning 30ish this weekend

Sam, they have a great birthday package, they decorate the room and leave you a birthday cake! You can order it online before the cruise, and when you walk into the room for the first time, its decorated!!!A BANNER, BALLOONS AND CAKE! It really starts the cruise off right! What to do next is my issue!

My DH's birthday is the day we board the ship. I always get the birthday package with the room decorated and the birthday cake for birthdays onboard, but I would like to plan something else for him. We will be on the Escape. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks:D

Some suggestions:

At any of the dining restaurants - can tell them to have a cake & to sign Happy Birthday.

Port days - get off the cruise ship to plan some surprises if possible like write Happy Birthday on the beach

Shore excursions - plan something if possible

The room - it would already be decorated with birthday stuff if buying the package from NCL.

But you can also add more things to it by buying items & do it while he not in the room to give a big surprise if any.

A couples massage with the private hydrotherapy pool.

Sam, they have a great birthday package, they decorate the room and leave you a birthday cake! You can order it online before the cruise, and when you walk into the room for the first time, its decorated!!!A BANNER, BALLOONS AND CAKE! It really starts the cruise off right! What to do next is my issue!

If they actually do it. I had paid for the birthday package two months before we where on the Star for our daughters 21st birthday. When we got to the cabin nothing. I went to guest services and was told that it would be done on her birthday which was two days later. Ok fair enough. We had an excursion that day and I was excited when we got back to see her expression. She opened the door and nothing. They had delivered the cake so food service got it right but no balloons streamers etc. Very disappointing. I asked the room steward who said I would have to ask guest services.....not again. Then they wanted to do it right there and then with her in the room. What kind of surprise is that.

This will be a first for me. We will be married 1 1/2 years when we sail in December, When I was looking at the this I thought it said that it would be in the room the day we will. This will be ok since her birthday is the next day, I have a NCL PCC who I have used over the last 10 cruises so I do not think that the package will be messed with but who knows.

I have been on other NCL cruises with other people and their birthday during the cruise but for the most part they rather have a drink than a cake I am also ordering the romance dinner package so we can have a birthday dinner This will be a total surprise along with other things I have done

Will post the results when we get back less than 117 days