Carnival Fantasy Medical Emergency

mcfam5

Something like this ruined everyone's vacation that was on that ship!!

Maybe if you'd have stayed on the ship, your vacation wouldnt have been ruined. ;) I was on the ship with my family. My vacation wasnt ruined. So we missed 8 hours in Cozumel? No biggie. We got to be on a ship cruising on the the Gulf of Mexico with people waiting on us, cooking for us, serving us, and doing everything they could to make our extra day at sea as fun and memorable as possible. We had a blast! And we basically got a free cruise out of it. Also, since we didn't port anywhere, we didnt have to go thru Customs after debarkation. Bonus! :) No complaints here. I'm glad we didn't know any details while on board. Ignorance us bliss, they say.

I was just worried for the passenger and came online to find out if he was okay. I hope that he is.✌

Maybe if you'd have stayed on the ship, your vacation wouldnt have been ruined. ;) I was on the ship with my family. My vacation wasnt ruined. So we missed 8 hours in Cozumel? No biggie. We got to be on a ship cruising on the the Gulf of Mexico with people waiting on us, cooking for us, serving us, and doing everything they could to make our extra day at sea as fun and memorable as possible. We had a blast! And we basically got a free cruise out of it. Also, since we didn't port anywhere, we didnt have to go thru Customs after debarkation. Bonus! :) No complaints here. I'm glad we didn't know any details while on board. Ignorance us bliss, they say.

I was just worried for the passenger and came online to find out if he was okay. I hope that he is.✌

That's exactly how I would see the situation.

I was on this ship! It was our first cruise, we were disappointed. The food was only adequate, not as we expected! The room smelled like wet mold. We had no idea what was going on until they made an announcement about an hour before docking in Mobile. The captain got on the intercom, said there was a medical emergency with one of the passengers and we had to return to Mobile. He stated our options in getting off and receiving a full refund or staying on and cruising the mobile bay and receiving 50% off. We chose to get off! We live an hour from Mobile, so it was useless to stay On! We heard rumors of a woman stabbing her husband, but we were never told this. Of course, Carnival will not leak that information, because they did not handle the situation properly if so!! We were not kept safe, we were allowed to roam around the boat, we were able to leaved the boat without being questioned. To me, that's like letting people leave the scene. If this indeed happened, this foolish person intentionally ruined a cruise for about 2000 people!!!! That infuriates me!! It was just a bad overall experience and I won't be cruising with Carnival again!

How do you know the situation was not handled properly?

You stated that you had no first hand knowledge re the incident, only rumors.

What could have possibly been gained by questioning you upon departure?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was just worried for the passenger and came online to find out if he was okay. I hope that he is.[emoji111]

We were in the Fantasy in April when she was having propulsion issues. When they announced we would not make it to Cozumel and would do a cruise to nowhere, a lot of people got off. They offered 50% off if we stayed and 50% off credit on future cruise. I could not understand why anyone would get off. Missing Cozumel was no bigger for me either. The crew was awesome, the boat was not crowded and we had an awesome time. We did end up getting to port in key west but we did not know that until the first sea day. It was one of the most fun cruises we have done. Using my cruise credit to sail on the breeze at Christmas. Glad you enjoyed your cruise

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I was on this ship! It was our first cruise, we were disappointed. The food was only adequate, not as we expected! The room smelled like wet mold. We had no idea what was going on until they made an announcement about an hour before docking in Mobile. The captain got on the intercom, said there was a medical emergency with one of the passengers and we had to return to Mobile. He stated our options in getting off and receiving a full refund or staying on and cruising the mobile bay and receiving 50% off. We chose to get off! We live an hour from Mobile, so it was useless to stay On! We heard rumors of a woman stabbing her husband, but we were never told this. Of course, Carnival will not leak that information, because they did not handle the situation properly if so!! We were not kept safe, we were allowed to roam around the boat, we were able to leaved the boat without being questioned. To me, that's like letting people leave the scene. If this indeed happened, this foolish person intentionally ruined a cruise for about 2000 people!!!! That infuriates me!! It was just a bad overall experience and I won't be cruising with Carnival again!

I get it that you won't sail with Carnival because you didn't like the food or your cabin (Did you go to guest services to try and change cabins or speak to housekeeping about the mold smell?).

To say that people shouldn't be allowed to leave because they were on a ship where an alleged crime might have occurred is ludicrous best. Buy your own admission you saw and heard absolutely nothing. So why would you think for any reason you should be required to remain on board until you can be questioned? Do you really think ship security didn't already speak to anyone who was in the area at the time the alleged crime--if there even was one--occurred?

By the way I am not a Carnival cheerleader at all and have never sailed them and never will. But I do like to think I know how to use common sense.

Something like this ruined everyone's vacation that was on that ship!!

I'm. It sure how you can possibly purport to speak for everyone on the ship. By the way Cozumel--like most of the Caribbean--is a cesspool. You didn't miss anything.

We were in the Fantasy in April when she was having propulsion issues. When they announced we would not make it to Cozumel and would do a cruise to nowhere, a lot of people got off. They offered 50% off if we stayed and 50% off credit on future cruise. I could not understand why anyone would get off. Missing Cozumel was no bigger for me either. The crew was awesome, the boat was not crowded and we had an awesome time. We did end up getting to port in key west but we did not know that until the first sea day. It was one of the most fun cruises we have done. Using my cruise credit to sail on the breeze at Christmas. Glad you enjoyed your cruise

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I was also on the ship in April, but the week after your cruise! Haha. I was hoping we didn't have any mechanical issues. We didn't and it was a blast. I will be going back once again this October for a girls cruise, which will now be 50% cheaper. :D

Happy cruising!

... Of course, Carnival will not leak that information, because they did not handle the situation properly if so!!

We were not kept safe, we were allowed to roam around the boat, we were able to leaved the boat without being questioned. To me, that's like letting people leave the scene. If this indeed happened, this foolish person intentionally ruined a cruise for about 2000 people!!!! That infuriates me!! It was just a bad overall experience and I won't be cruising with Carnival again!

Wow. People like this are "intentionally" making life miserable for others. I have seen this sort of thing too often. Lives ruined. Businesses gone. All because people start mouthing off without knowing what they are talking about.

1 - Carnival will only release some information to the public. You have no idea what needs to be released and what should not.

2 - Allowed to roam around the boat? Maybe the issue was between two or three people and had nothing to do with anyone else. Why would you assume there was a danger to other passengers? BAD ASSUMPTIONS.

3 - Allow to just leave the boat. Maybe the folks in charge onboard determined who needed to be questioned and who did not - including you.

4 - Intentionally ruined the cruise? Ruined - probably. Intentionally - I doubt it. Sounds like somebody got in a fight and made some bad choices. They did not think about anyone else.

I am a very non violent person, but really would like to slap people up the head when they think and post such garbage.

P.S. Sorry you did not like the food and room.

(sadly, the OP probably will not even come back here to read this stuff, or foolishing defend there uneducated post)

Edited by garycarla

:)

Yes I do read replies! If you weren't on that particular ship, you have no comments really to make about people as myself that were. The opinions I stated are mine. It was a bad experience for me, yes! I'm sure you all have had bad experiences in your pasts as well.

You were qualified to comment/complain about the quality of the food and the mold.

You were NOT qualified to speak and/or comment about the medical emergency since you admitted that you had no first hand knowledge about the situation.

:)

You were qualified to comment/complain about the quality of the food and the mold.

You were NOT qualified to speak and/or comment about the medical emergency since you admitted that you had no first hand knowledge about the situation.

Well said. Will add that unless you had the FACTS (not rumors) about the criminal issue, you should have left that alone and enjoyed the cruise like others did.

Some people spend their life complaining and second guessing everything. They live in drama. Life can be great if you let it.

I have seen my share of overly dramatic posts on here over the years....but congrats....you take the award for the month of August.:champagne-toast::bottle-pop::beer-toast:

But isn't it a madhouse on ALL Carnival ships?? :eek:

Toot-Toot!!

Cheerio, Dearies! :*

Well, said, Mr. Muster! Well said.

That is why I, for one, will never set foot on a Carnival Barge.

Besides, I'd hate to run into the likes of RamalaJamala, or whatever his name is.

Having no dog in the fight (never sailed Carnival), I can say that the OP was not just "overly dramatic and unreasonable", he/she was way, way over the top. I'd be willing to bet that the person reportedly stabbed was a US citizen, and the person reportedly doing the stabbing was a US citizen (real good possibility for a cruise starting in the US, based on past demographics), so in that case, the FBI has to be notified immediately, and the ship's security personnel have to follow the guidelines set up by the FBI with regards to gathering evidence and taking statements, as set forth in the Cruise Vessel Safety and Security Act. So, the fact that the OP was not restricted to their cabin (and you would have heard them screaming if they were on lock down), the fact that they were not restricted (in the OP's personal experience) from any part of the ship (potential crime scene) and that they were allowed to leave the "boat" without being questioned is not Carnival's handling of the situation, but the FBI's protocols for the situation. And, to top it off, it has not been confirmed that there was a violent assault. So, the OP needs to get a life.

And to say that someone stabbed another person just to "intentionally" ruin the cruise for everyone else, the OP is just another entitled snowflake who thinks everything is about him/her.

I don't think you mean the OP. I think you're referring to RammerJammer's post.

Edited later to add: I see you did realize that.

Yes I do read replies! If you weren't on that particular ship, you have no comments really to make about people as myself that were. The opinions I stated are mine. It was a bad experience for me, yes! I'm sure you all have had bad experiences in your pasts as well.

Experiences, whether good or bad or anywhere in between, are what we choose to make of them. Most of us learn from them and are better for having had that particular experience.

As for your opinion many of us would have preferred to try to make the best out of that particular experience that was beyond our control.

To try to blame Carnival for what happened is pretty ludicrous in my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were not kept safe, we were allowed to roam around the boat, we were able to leaved the boat without being questioned. To me, that's like letting people leave the scene.

I wouldn't worry about them not questioning anyone and letting you leave the scene, I am going to guess they know who was on the boat and where you live and how to contact you as well. If they need to talk to you they can find you. I'm even pretty sure that when a crime is committed they don't always question everyone at that exact moment, but maybe I just watch too much TV.