The Jade Dining Package

karinad

I'm still not happy about paying $28.pp. Maybe I sound cheap, but, $56. is still money. We don't usually chose to eat at the Specialty Restaurants and pay extra for food that was already paid for.

Thank you for making the charges clear! I appreciate it!:)

It's $28 for both on a 7-day cruise but if you're not happy with paying that you can call and change it to something else like Shore Excursion - $50 per cabin for up to 4 excursions... I have no other solutions sorry...

We had the exact opposite experience in Cagney's on the Jade in December. It was the best meal we had all week (and all the food was good - no complaints at all). Because of that experience, we will be dining there three times on our upcoming cruise in October. I hope your experience was just a bad day!

We were on the August 9 Jade sailing and ate at Cagney's twice (excellent meals and fun staff), once at Moderno which was ok, not great and once at Le Bistro definitely not our favorite. The food in the MDR was very good.

It's $28 for both on a 7-day cruise but if you're not happy with paying that you can call and change it to something else like Shore Excursion - $50 per cabin for up to 4 excursions... I have no other solutions sorry...

We're on a 10 day one and the package includes 4 of the Specialty Restaurants. Thanks for the suggestion of changing it. I didn't know if they let you after final payment. I didn't get the shore excursion one because that didn't sound like a good deal.

Karin, I understand how frustrating it can be when you're new to NCL... there's a bit of learning curve here. I understand that some cruise lines don't charge the gratuity that NCL does but I treat it as though I'm dining at home... I add at least 18% but sometimes 20% to the cost of the meal.. Don't feel like you have to add anything if you take the package... it's done if you leave it as is. If you choose to dine in a specialty venue you'll be charged the Ala Carte prices and they, IMO, are quite high.

It's all up to you, again, enjoy your cruise.

What can be confusing is how it's being said. I was confused when I booked the UBP as well. Bottom line is this the $28 charge is on your ncl bill. So when you make your final payment to payoff your cruise you will have already paid that $28. There is no other charge. I wouldn't change your package, you will enjoy the dining package more than you would a $50 per port excursion credit.

The drinking promotion as well as the dining promotion is the best to get. The least favorite one out of all the choices is the shore excursions of $50 per port. You would not get the $50 per port if NCL missed a port & most shore excursions are way over the $50. This mean you have to pay the rest. And the drinking & the dining package, of course the gratuity is added to the final bill.

But it is still worth it if you are a drinker as drinks on board as well as the dining in specialty restaurants are expensive.

For some cruisers, rather than the complimentary restaurants, they would like to have their meal like at Cagney's for steak. :)

If at first when you booked a cruise & you didnt want any promotions - then sometimes the best rate is the sail away rate.

Need to look into all the pricing between cabins.

I would still keep the dining promotion & not change it.