Fll or Mia hotel?? Help....

appzoffear

Cruising out of POM on September 22 but flying into FLL. Flight doesn't get into FLL until 10:30 pm... do we stay in ft lauderdale or Miami the night we get in? If so, we have 4 people traveling with 5 luggage.. how do we get to port of Miami? If uber, what size car? Do we head to Miami late the night before or go the next morning? To many decisions can't wrap my head around the quickest and easiest way to do this..

Any suggestions would be appreciated..

Also if we stay in fll that night what time do we leave to get to Pom?

By the time you get your luggage (if it is checked) it may be a bit late to travel to Miami. I'd suggest staying in a hotel close to FLL and going to POM in the morning. As to time, work backwards from your boarding time and allow for any delays that might arise. The actual drive should be about an hour. Others can suggest their favorite services (Uber, taxi, car services, etc.)

Given your late arrival I agree withs staying in FLL, preferably a hotel with a free airport shuttle. Then you can chose between taking a shuttle to POM (usually $15.00 a person) or taking an Uber. An UberXL would be fine and from the FLL area to port of Miami would be around $75.00 I believe. So a bit more expensive then a shuttle, but easier and on your own schedule.

You won't need to leave before 10:00am, if the cruise is leaving on a Saturday or Sunday it should be less than an hour to get there (more time depending on shuttle route if you take the shuttle, but the shuttle will determine when you get picked up)

Since you will be driving down to Miami after rush hour, I think staying in FLL makes the most sense. It's a quick drive to POM from a hotel near the FLL airport and there are plenty of very inexpensive airport hotels in FLL.

For simplicity, I'd just budget for the UberXL which is a bit pricey compared to UberX but you need the extra space. It's worth it compared to dealing with a shuttle.

Same situation for us in October. We're staying at Best Western, free shuttle from airport, in Fort Lauderdale. The next morning QLS Transportation ($13pp) is picking us up at 10:00 to go to POM.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Same situation for us in October. We're staying at Best Western, free shuttle from airport, in Fort Lauderdale. The next morning QLS Transportation ($13pp) is picking us up at 10:00 to go to POM.

Assuming QLS is picking you up at Best Western? Are you using QLS for return trip from POM to FLL?

I too will be arriving into FLL around 9:45 pm (late)

Assuming QLS is picking you up at Best Western? Are you using QLS for return trip from POM to FLL?

They are picking us up at Best Western and dropping us at the terminal. They are then picking us up at the terminal and dropping is at FLL. $13 per person each way.

Best Western is picking us up the night we arrive. The next morning QLS is picking us up at the hotel to take us to the boat. Then picking us up from the boat and taking us to FLL for return flight.

Best Western is picking us up the night we arrive. The next morning QLS is picking us up at the hotel to take us to the boat. Then picking us up from the boat and taking us to FLL for return flight.

Gotcha. Thanks! We're rolling in for 10/30 thru 11/3 cruise.