Dining Requests/Questions

In the past I've emailed rcldining@rccl.com and have always received a quick response back confirming that we can get a table just for our group of 3.

This year I emailed them over a week ago and have heard nothing back. I'm wondering if anyone has experience with this and how long people have had to wait for a reply.

I was also wondering if anyone has been on Harmony and can confirm this...I was reading that only American Icon on Deck 3 offers traditional dining and deck 4 and 5 are both MTD. On Allure last year they had 2 decks for traditional and 1 for MTD and I was able to request to be in The Grande as I liked the decor in that one the best.

In the past I've emailed rcldining@rccl.com and have always received a quick response back confirming that we can get a table just for our group of 3.

This year I emailed them over a week ago and have heard nothing back. I'm wondering if anyone has experience with this and how long people have had to wait for a reply.

I was also wondering if anyone has been on Harmony and can confirm this...I was reading that only American Icon on Deck 3 offers traditional dining and deck 4 and 5 are both MTD. On Allure last year they had 2 decks for traditional and 1 for MTD and I was able to request to be in The Grande as I liked the decor in that one the best.

I sent a request Aug. 7th for our Sept 10th sailing and received a response with my Table number the next day. The day I sent it I received a response that the request was received and being forwarded to the ship.

I requested special seating at the 5:30pm dinner for our group of 3 on 7/10/17 and they responded on 8/14/17 with our table number for both of our b2b cruises. This is for a November 17th cruise.

I would wait until you are closer and resend the email.

Just off Harmony on 8/5. Originally I had early traditional seating in American Icon (Deck 3) but switched to MTD around Day 3 in Grande (Deck 4 I believe). I think Silk (Deck 5) was also just MTD.

Yes, it did take a bit longer this time. I requested our table and it actually took about two weeks to get the response. I was ready to submit it again, and it appeared! I'd wait another week and then resend if you've heard nothing. We used to hear within a week.

Out of curiosity, which do people prefer on the oasis class... The Grande or Silk dining room? We have 530 traditional seating on the oasis and was curious what people prefer or if they are extremely similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I preferred The Grande. The decor seems more fancy in my opinion. The Silk was sort of an Asian theme and was nice, but I felt The Grande was more elegant.

Also thanks to everyone for the replies :) The reason I don't really want to get into MTD is that I enjoy having the same servers every night and getting to know them, and having jokes and conversations that carry on for the week. With MTD I'd assume that it might not always be possible to be seated at the same table. I am sailing Sept 9 so I'm getting a bit worried that I haven't heard back yet but I will give it another week and then send another email.

Out of curiosity, which do people prefer on the oasis class... The Grande or Silk dining room? We have 530 traditional seating on the oasis and was curious what people prefer or if they are extremely similar.

We have no preference whatsoever.