Never cruised before, will they deny boarding?

Nudiebutt

Canada Border services actually sees flags where a people is under investigate or charges are pending.

This stops someone from crossing the border and then delaying extradition .

Canadian Border service only has access to NCIC, they do not have access to anything else in the US. If an individual is under investigation anywhere in the US, or has charges pending, that information is not entered into NCIC. Don't know where you got your info, but it is incorrect.:rolleyes:

Canadian Border service only has access to NCIC, they do not have access to anything else in the US. If an individual is under investigation anywhere in the US, or has charges pending, that information is not entered into NCIC. Don't know where you got your info, but it is incorrect.:rolleyes:

From a good friend that works CBSC at a land crossing.

:halo:

Princess can deny boarding if your not eligible to enter Canada. If your denied no insurance will pay you. If you use Princess insurance . Arrive early if denied , you maybe can call your TA or Princess and cancel.

Princess doesn't require a reason to cancel. Called Cancel for Any Reason coverage.

Cruise lines do not have access to criminal records in the US.

And this thread has devolved into every other similar thread on this topic. :rolleyes:

The best bet is to probably contact Canadian authorities directly, and not rely on internet message board experts.

TruckerDave,

I do not consider myself an internet message board expert. My comments are based on actual experience in the field of law enforcement and the topic being discussed.:)

I've wondered lately how Canadians would know about a 20 year old DUI charge.

US and Canada share criminal databases. If it got uploaded into the US NCIC database, the Canadians can see it.

It might not be visible to anyone outside the local jurisdiction. Or it might only be in paper copy.

But who wants to take a chance?

My sister in law is always talking about wanting to go on an Alaskan cruise, but she recently had a DUI that was pled down to -I think- reckless driving. Could this still stop her entrance to Canada?

I think the only way they can positively know is to actually contact Canadian immigration. Per their site, http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/inadmissibility/conviction.asp, "dangerous driving" is on their list of example offences that *could* result in not being allowed in.