If OBC shows up day 3 of cruise, what gets used first, cash or OBC?

Hi everyone,

We booked our cruise through a large online TA who had a promotion offering $250 in OBC. The TA told me yesterday that the OBC will show up on our account by the second full sailing day of the cruise, which will be Day 3 (Tuesday) of our upcoming Breakway cruise to Bermuda. We are planning to set up our onboard account with cash. If the TA's OBC doesn't show up until Tuesday, which will get used first, our cash or the TA's non-refundable OBC? FYI we also have $100 in OBC from the NCL MC but that's already showing up in our account and I assume that will be used first.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

the easiest thing to do is setup your onboard account with a credit/debit card this way you dont have to worry about when OBC gets applies to your account and which OBC is used first. near the end of the cruise, you can still change your account to cash.

the easiest thing to do is setup your onboard account with a credit/debit card this way you dont have to worry about when OBC gets applies to your account and which OBC is used first. near the end of the cruise, you can still change your account to cash.

Do NOT use a debit card for this. Even if you intent to pay the account off in cash toward the end of the cruise. Do NOT use a debit card.

Thanks very much for your input. We've always used cash for the OBC so we'll do it again this time. The online TA said that the $250 nonrefundable OBC may show up earlier than Tuesday but to count on it being in our account on Tuesday. Since our other $100 nonrefundable OBC is listed, we're planning on putting maybe $300 or $400 additional on the OBC at the pier, but if the TA's OBC doesn't show on our account until Tuesday, will whatever we've already spent come out of the TA's nonrefundable OBC or our initial cash? I'm going to call NCL later today and ask them but my guess is that if I call three times I'll get three different answers. My DH thinks I'll wind up calling the ship directly - he may be right! :)

They will not use OBC that is not on your folio till it does appear so any spend before it does will be taken from your cash. I would agree, give them credit card details (DO NOT USE A DEBIT CARD) and as soon as the OBC does appear give them the cash.

If the account is set up with a credit card, it doesn't matter when the OBC appears. As long as it appears by the end of the cruise it will be used to settle the account. I'm not sure if using cash changes that or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

An update - I called NCL and the customer svc agent said that the account is settled at the end of the week, and that they will use the OBC before ththe cash. That's exactly what we were hoping to hear. She also said that we'll need t fund the account with $300 per person but we know on our Star cruise we were told that we could fund it with whatever amount we wanted to.

Does anyone know if we can we can set up the cash onboard account at the port when we check in or do we have to wait until we board and do it at Guest Services?