Back to back disembarkation at Southampton

Ehg

My husband and I are doing a short 3 day cruise in November and staying on the ship for the following cruise. Can anyone tell me what the procedure is if we want to treat Southampton as a port day? Do we have to go through the whole security procedure with others boarding for the next cruise or is there a separate gangway as there would be at a normal port?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Procedure is easy, but No you do not need to go through the whole security, checking in system for the 2nd cruise.

Depending on number of "in transit" passengers, arrangements can differ, but basically you will be invited to the passengers service desk, or possibly invited to wait in a lounge, on disembarkation morning, where you will receive your cruise cards for the new cruise.

You can then leave the ship, when you wish to return you can use the staff gangway. Any restrictions (certain times etc) will be explained before you leave.

You can also use the crews shuttle bus into town

Before retirement I was a crew shuttle bus driver and it's firmly in the lap of the driver. Most of us did it but not all drivers did I'm afraid. This was seven years ago and may have changed and hopefully has. The reason given to drivers at the time was before going into town it went to the seamans mission first to drop off but I could never understand why that made a difference. Anyway I took many a passenger up into town and then took them back to the ship as I saw no problem in doing it :)

You can also use the crews shuttle bus into town

Used that before on a B2B, got a couple of stares and one comment by a crew member like 'Do you know this bus is for crew only?' Reply 'Told by Purser to use it for the run into town and back as on a Back to Back.' End of story.

Will use it again next June when on Adonia B2B.:halo: