Quasi-live Harmony review/ Q&A August 26th.

Dinner tonight again in the MDR. beef tenderloin did not disappoint.. I'm a red meat junkie and I have a discerning taste. It was excellent. Dessert menu was a bit of a letdown. Service was top notch.

As far as the genie perks.. If you aren't interested in having every show planned out for you or are travelling with non-star class guests it is harder to benefit from all the genie offers.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Voom humming along nicely. Breakfast in the Costal Kitchen was decent. Had room service deliver lunch from Sabor. That was delicious. Brian is perhaps the best stateroom attendent I've ever had.

I saw the Fine Line last night. I can't speak to the plot or storyline.. But the production and performance from the cast was top notch... Word to the wise.. Don't sit in the second row.

Dinner at Jamie's tonight. Not sure how that'll go. I'm kind of a picky eater.

Belly flop contest seemed to be well attended. It usually is. It conflicted with my little one's nap time so I was unable to get down there.. I'm not deviatated. Feeling a bit more motion today than yesterday.. But I'm not complaining.

A note with regards to the Wow bands. Royal should equip their beverage staff with pocket scanners. The wow bands are a nice idea but they lack in practicality.

Rode the ultimate Abyss twice today. It is great.

Took my little one to Splashaway Bay yesterday. She had fun.. She's what I'd say is above average height for a 3 year old girl.. But still about 2 inches short of the 42 inch requirement to ride the slides. I really question the thought process of RCI.. If your adult slides have a 48 inch requirement you'd think that the gap between kiddy and adult sides would be greater than 6 inches.

My drink is empty. That must change. Update you when drink shortage is rectified. 21938021b059c7e243dc5465c427612a.jpg

Thank you for the updates. Overall, how is the room? Did you do anything special to ensure smooth embarkation? Call your genie, text, etc., or just a bit of cash to a porter in the suite section and voila?
Rooms is incredible. I'm not sure if that is a strong enough adjective.

The check-in was seamless. Our genie (Joyce, who rocks) was waiting for us at our predetermined arrival time(predetermined by me).

Our genie recognized my daughter from the security photo upload.. And we were on board 10 minutes later.

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply. Would you be so kind as to ask if Joyce is the Genie for the suite next week? I have received email from both Joyce and Sebastian and am not sure to whom I should address my questions. I do not mean to distract from what sounds like a really nice trip, but if you have a minute, it would be most helpful. Thanks again.

Last night dinner was at Jamie's. I'm not a huge fan of Italian food but it was tasty enough.

We went to the comedy show last night. The host was Simeon. We've sailed with him before and I'm thrilled that his roll has been increased.

Jim David was the headliner. Between these 2, I'm not sure if I have ever laughed so hard on a cruise ship. At first I was mad when I saw RCI was only using one headliner but this show did not disappoint. If you are easily offended by vulgarity and incredibly politically incorrect humour don't go... In fact, they suggested that if you are offended by such humour to go down to the medical centre and have them remove a stick from a certain orfus.

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply. Would you be so kind as to ask if Joyce is the Genie for the suite next week? I have received email from both Joyce and Sebastian and am not sure to whom I should address my questions. I do not mean to distract from what sounds like a really nice trip, but if you have a minute, it would be most helpful. Thanks again.
Joyce is on vacation until November starting Saturday

Last night dinner was at Jamie's. I'm not a huge fan of Italian food but it was tasty enough.

We went to the comedy show last night. The host was Simeon. We've sailed with him before and I'm thrilled that his roll has been increased.

Jim David was the headliner. Between these 2, I'm not sure if I have ever laughed so hard on a cruise ship. At first I was mad when I saw RCI was only using one headliner but this show did not disappoint. If you are easily offended by vulgarity and incredibly politically incorrect humour don't go... In fact, they suggested that if you are offended by such humour to go down to the medical centre and have them remove a stick from a certain orfus.

Simeon is hilarious, and yes some need that stick removed. If you return to Jamie's try the pear and prosciutto salad. It was amazing.

Simeon is hilarious, and yes some need that stick removed. If you return to Jamie's try the pear and prosciutto salad. It was amazing.
About 32 seconds into Simeon's bit some gearbox randomly pipes up that she's from Tennessee. Simeon replies "you're from Tennessee? Then why aren't you on Carnival?"

At that point, I knew we were in for a good night.

About 32 seconds into Simeon's bit some gearbox randomly pipes up that she's from Tennessee. Simeon replies "you're from Tennessee? Then why aren't you on Carnival?"

At that point, I knew we were in for a good night.

Lol, he gives it to everyone. :)

Some more thoughts. Service in the MDR continues to exceed my lofty expectations. The food is decent. Last night I went for the chops filet. It was cooked perfectly.

Yesterday we did the sea and see tour of St Martin. It was great.. Very toddler friendly.

I had a small hiccup with room service not picking up my order hanging on my door..I mentioned it to my genie and there has been no problems since.

Last night we went to Iskate. I enjoyed this show more than most.. While I appreciate the ability of the cast and crew (I'm also a sound engineer) story lines don't mean much to me.. So having a bunch of people skating to more identifiable music is great.. My hopes were elevated when I saw the Born in the USA album cover used as part of the set but not one Springsteen song was played during the show....

Today's a quasi-sea day. We're currently tied up in San Juan. San Juan does nothing for me so I went for a massage and to test out the perfect storm water slides. I must say, I am impressed by the quality of the slides both dry and water.

I think all the slides are a welcome addition to the RCI fleet.

Formal night tonight on day 5..today is a short stop and we have a long day in Labadee tomorrow.

My drink is empty. Talk after it is refilled. Ask any questions you may have.

Cheers

Edited by constable145

Constable it sounds like a great time so far. I'm glad that you are enjoying yourself in the Canadian Suite. You can see why I haves loved that cabin location for yeRs, even pre-Star Class. Especially with such a great view of the flowrider line. After all, that's where you will find me.:)

There is obviously a difference between "we'll do everything possible" and "we guarantee". Based on my Superstorm Sandy experience, our problem was that we were in jeopardy of losing out on the four days precruise in Rome. If I had not taken extraordinary effort, we would have arrived in Rome right before our cruise and missed out on that important part of our trip. Air2Sea would have still lived up to their promise, but I would have been horribly disappointed and I doubt even travel insurance would have helped since we would have been delayed three days, but at home.

There is obviously a difference between "we'll do everything possible" and "we guarantee". Based on my Superstorm Sandy experience, our problem was that we were in jeopardy of losing out on the four days precruise in Rome. If I had not taken extraordinary effort, we would have arrived in Rome right before our cruise and missed out on that important part of our trip. Air2Sea would have still lived up to their promise, but I would have been horribly disappointed and I doubt even travel insurance would have helped since we would have been delayed three days, but at home.
Umm pretty sure that you posted in the wrong thread...

Huh?

I know this is a first world problem.. But their is plumbing equipment right inside our door. Even though it is behind a panel you can still hear EACH AND EVERY FLUSH from neighbouring loft suites.

I understand that the equipment has to go somewhere.. But why there? Why not inside the housekeeping area 4 feet away?

I know this is a first world problem.. But their is plumbing equipment right inside our door. Even though it is behind a panel you can still hear EACH AND EVERY FLUSH from neighbouring loft suites.

I understand that the equipment has to go somewhere.. But why there? Why not inside the housekeeping area 4 feet away?

Tip, Oasis and Allure are more soundproof for the neighbours toilet flush.

Have you noticed how the upstairs washroom door hits the bed yet? It does that on all three Oasis Class ships. I'm laying bets it will be the same on Symphony.

Ask any questions you may have.

I board on Saturday and am thoroughly enjoying reading your experience. Can't wait!

Have you taken note of the theme parties? Reading other reviews I've read about the 90's party, an all white clothes party(?), a 50's party? Any more themes?

I enjoy dressing the part and participating in the action.