Has anyone used Uber Miami Airport.

marcyjane

Would like to here your experience and cost. with Uber , Taxi or Shuttle and which you prefer. Going from Miami Airport to a South Beach area hotel. There will be 3 adults and luggage. I'm not a member of Uber so I'm sure would have to sign up. Thank you in advance for you time and information.

You do have to sign up.

Price will range from around $41.00 to $51.00 based on their Uber XL as I was thinking the smaller one might be too tight for the three of you.

It is easy to use.

You can put the UBER app on a smart phone.

Keith

Uber works great but 3 with luggage, as Keith said, you'll probably need an UberXL which drastically increases the price but that's what it is. A taxi will probably end up being about the same. I hate taxi's but when you walk out the door, most likely there will be taxis waiting in the first lane and they may have a van or larger vehicle right there to accommodate you. So keep that in mind.

As far as simplicity and grabbing an Uber at Miami? I do it all the time and it's the easiest airport I've ever been. Each door that you walk out of has a number. Uber asks you for the door number when you request a trip, driver will show right up - often within a couple of minutes. There is multiple lanes of traffic, just cross to the center island area, it's really as simple as can be.

If its three full size luggage you probably need an Uber XL which will be more expensive than a Taxi or right around the same price. If its smaller luggage I have never had an issue with an Uber X. And by smaller I mean four carry ones and maybe some personal items, I often use Uber when traveling with another couple, but usually for quick weekend trips that the bags are just carry ons.

I see no reason to take a shuttle though. Uber or Taxi is the way to go. Uber is always more comfortable and reliable IMO.

If you go Uber you can use a referral code here: (x753G) and you will get a $10.00 credit on your first ride.

I am a huge fan of Uber and use it all the time. But lately, there have been some major issues here in Miami.

A few weeks ago, we called Uber from MIA to get back to Brickell. Someone picked up the trip and then after a bit called me to see where I was going. After I told him, my ride got canceled by him about 3 minutes later. This is the 2nd time it happened here.

Two weeks ago we had friends here visiting from NYC. Ordered an uber on my husband's account, someone accepted the ride and we could see he was only a few blocks away at Mary Brickell village. The app said they would be here within 4 minutes. Again, a phone call asking where I was going so I told him. The time stretched and stretched. I tried calling him back quite a few time and he didn't answer. About 25 minutes later, he canceled. I ordered an Uber on my account. We had almost the same thing happen and it canceled 20 minutes later and I could see they were on Brickell. Uber's answer to me "we try and estimate the right time but don't always get it right". We missed our dinner reservations.

Saturday night my girlfriend ordered an Uber to go home from our friends in Brickell to her place in downtown. Same thing happened! My husband called her another on his account and this one showed up.

I have a rating of 5 and my husband a 4.96 so it's not that we are badly rated.

My husband has a 6 am flight out of MIA Wednesday and I have a 7 am flight Thursday, for the first time I'm not going to chance using Uber. They are becoming unreliable here.

I am a huge fan of Uber and use it all the time. But lately, there have been some major issues here in Miami.

A few weeks ago, we called Uber from MIA to get back to Brickell. Someone picked up the trip and then after a bit called me to see where I was going. After I told him, my ride got canceled by him about 3 minutes later. This is the 2nd time it happened here.

Two weeks ago we had friends here visiting from NYC. Ordered an uber on my husband's account, someone accepted the ride and we could see he was only a few blocks away at Mary Brickell village. The app said they would be here within 4 minutes. Again, a phone call asking where I was going so I told him. The time stretched and stretched. I tried calling him back quite a few time and he didn't answer. About 25 minutes later, he canceled. I ordered an Uber on my account. We had almost the same thing happen and it canceled 20 minutes later and I could see they were on Brickell. Uber's answer to me "we try and estimate the right time but don't always get it right". We missed our dinner reservations.

Saturday night my girlfriend ordered an Uber to go home from our friends in Brickell to her place in downtown. Same thing happened! My husband called her another on his account and this one showed up.

I have a rating of 5 and my husband a 4.96 so it's not that we are badly rated.

My husband has a 6 am flight out of MIA Wednesday and I have a 7 am flight Thursday, for the first time I'm not going to chance using Uber. They are becoming unreliable here.

Maybe just bad luck? I've never had an issue with Uber in South Florida. Calling, finding out the destination and canceling is the oldest Uber scam. You should be reporting these drivers to Uber and clearly notating in your notes what they did so Uber can deactivate them. If a driver was to call and ask, I wouldn't tell them, that's none of their business until you are in the vehicle. If they want to cancel, report them. And if they show up and still drive you after trying the scam, give them a 1 star and report them to Uber anyways.

You must be aware that you can see the drivers car location prior to pickup, right? If that car hasn't started moving within 2 or 3 minutes, cancel and get a new driver. Why would you ever wait 25 minutes with a driver that isn't even moving?

Maybe just bad luck? I've never had an issue with Uber in South Florida. Calling, finding out the destination and canceling is the oldest Uber scam. You should be reporting these drivers to Uber and clearly notating in your notes what they did so Uber can deactivate them. If a driver was to call and ask, I wouldn't tell them, that's none of their business until you are in the vehicle. If they want to cancel, report them. And if they show up and still drive you after trying the scam, give them a 1 star and report them to Uber anyways.

You must be aware that you can see the drivers car location prior to pickup, right? If that car hasn't started moving within 2 or 3 minutes, cancel and get a new driver. Why would you ever wait 25 minutes with a driver that isn't even moving?

I didn't wait 25 minutes for a driver that wasn't moving. And I'm well aware that I can see where the car was, that's why I know it was a couple of blocks away over at Mary Brickell when it first accepted the ride. We watched it pass around the area a few times. And every time I went to cancel it after waiting 15-20 minutes a screen popped up that I had to agree to pay a $5 cancellation charge.

Up until the last month, I have never had an issue with them in Miami either. I've used them in Miami, Naples, fort Lauderdale, NYC, Hawaii and other places and this is new here. It's not just me that is having the issue here, it's some of my friends as well. I know of 5 of us who have had this happen lately. That's more than just bad luck!! It's not a phone call each time, it's waiting long past the estimated time and having the cars cancel on us.

I sent an email to customer service making them aware of the situation and got back an answer that "we try to make the time estimates as close as possible and are sorry that the timing was not correct and the ride was canceled. And you are correct, if you would have canceled the ride, the $5 charge would have applied."

I didn't wait 25 minutes for a driver that wasn't moving. And I'm well aware that I can see where the car was, that's why I know it was a couple of blocks away over at Mary Brickell when it first accepted the ride. We watched it pass around the area a few times. And every time I went to cancel it after waiting 15-20 minutes a screen popped up that I had to agree to pay a $5 cancellation charge.

Up until the last month, I have never had an issue with them in Miami either. I've used them in Miami, Naples, fort Lauderdale, NYC, Hawaii and other places and this is new here. It's not just me that is having the issue here, it's some of my friends as well. I know of 5 of us who have had this happen lately. That's more than just bad luck!! It's not a phone call each time, it's waiting long past the estimated time and having the cars cancel on us.

I sent an email to customer service making them aware of the situation and got back an answer that "we try to make the time estimates as close as possible and are sorry that the timing was not correct and the ride was canceled. And you are correct, if you would have canceled the ride, the $5 charge would have applied."

They will refund the $5 in a heart beat if you complain, I've done that when I canceled a dumb driver that couldnt show up timely. Uber apologized and offered a refund no questions asked. Appears your driver was probably driving Lyft or something and leaving you waiting. I've found Uber customer service to be responsive and no real issues. But that's my experience.

This is why we like Lyft better than Uber. Haven't been to Miami but never had an issue anywhere else we've been

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Most drivers do both. It makes no difference.

They will refund the $5 in a heart beat if you complain, I've done that when I canceled a dumb driver that couldnt show up timely. Uber apologized and offered a refund no questions asked. Appears your driver was probably driving Lyft or something and leaving you waiting. I've found Uber customer service to be responsive and no real issues. But that's my experience.

They are normally very good about issues like this so I was surprised at answers that I got on both emails.

I've always suggested Uber to everyone on here as the way to go. Just wanted to post about my experiences over the last month as an FYI to others.

If your Uber driver calls you and asks where you are going, don't tell them. They may very well cancel.

And when the driver cancels, you can not rate them. They seemed to have taken away that feature.

So...why do they call to ask destination and then cancel? ( Also new to this Uber thing)

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Uber doesn't want drivers to cherry pick the best routes. So they intentionally don't give drivers your destination until you are in the car. So what happens is you request a ride, Uber connects you with a driver who should just show up and pick you up. Instead, these loser drivers will call you, ask you your destination, and if they don't think it's worth their time, they'll cancel and screw you over. Another trick is for them to try and talk YOU into canceling so it doesn't count against them... These drivers should be reported to Uber right away.

It's pretty uncommon, really, but it does happen.

It's good info...I would not have even thought of this possibility. We used Uber in MIA in March and were charged 20 dollars more ( on my credit card statement) than the estimate. Of course, it was credited after I complained. I did not get a receipt so I thought I would have trouble proving it. Are receipts provided if I ask?

It's good info...I would not have even thought of this possibility. We used Uber in MIA in March and were charged 20 dollars more ( on my credit card statement) than the estimate. Of course, it was credited after I complained. I did not get a receipt so I thought I would have trouble proving it. Are receipts provided if I ask?

The" receipt" is put onto your phone on the uber account. There you'll find the review info too. No, you don't need to wait for your credit card bill.

I use paypal which will give you the info immediately too.