Finally, a NICE website feature (is this new?)

Shadow9612

With all the criticism about Celebrity's website (most of which I do agree with), I just found a little something that I thought is very nice and positive so I thought it's worth posting :D

(my apologies if this isn't a new feature, but I never noticed before)

When doing a search for a cruise, once you have your list of destinations, clicking on the "MAP" option under a given search result will pop open a map, and you can watch the dotted line being drawn according to the path the ship is taking

I know, totally aesthetic, where most problems are functional, but I just think this is nice.... :)

Although the map is "cute" I much preferred the map that was displayed on the page where all the cruises are listed. It made it much easier to choose a cruise based on itinerary without having to drill down.

I agree - I like the old way because you can easily see where the cruise was going without having to do the additional click to see the map. I know, one additional click is a first world problem, but what annoys me is that you can't click anywhere else on the page until you CLOSE the map back up. So, in essence, if you wanted to compare itineraries for two cruises, you have to open one map, memorize the ports, close the map, and open the map for the other cruise - very annoying!

Also, I believe it used to state the port times without having to click/open anything, but alas, now it's overly complicated.

It is cute and not a bad feature in its own right. However, with all of the other website problems, it is one of the most obvious indications of management's focus on what was most important to them and the epitome of miss-allocation of resources.

Agreed - that if I had to choose in functional improvements vs. aesthetics like this, I'd prefer improvements to the functionality of the site.

It's a pointless animation that just delays getting the information you want to see. Clearly others see it differently.

I think it's useful if a person wants to visually see the course the ship is taking, but agreed, it would be nice if a 'second' mouse click would complete the map so-to-speak, without the delay (for those that don't want to watch the animation).