QUESTION ON CABIN DIFFERENCES /Balcony/Mini Suite/Family OV

xray121995

We are booked in a Family OV with Large Picture Window. I want to make sure I am aware of the difference between that room and a balcony or a mini suite. Those are my choices to bid on to upgrade. A Balcony would just not have the bigger bathroom but would have a Balcony? and the Mini suite would be the same but with a balcony? Any comments would be appreciated. I want to make sure I'm thinking about this correctly before I make my final bid. We are sailing on the Escape in October. TIA

Wendy :)

Edited by xray121995
to add the ship name

My understanding (haven't sail the Escape yet) with the GA and BA, is that the interior, usable square footage is bigger on the Family Oceanview than a regular Balcony (where the balcony will just fit 2 adults and 2 chairs, not loungers at all plus a micro-sized end table). FOV also has extra/more closet space and can sleep up to 5 (very tight but ...) - aside from the bigger bathroom in some of the mini-suites with double sink and some with the small tub (one of the nieces always book those w. their 2 little ones). I believed she referred to them as Family Mini-Suites.

The mini-suite are marginally bigger than the regular balcony in terms of interior living/sleeping space - and, is still smaller than the FOV ... plus, the balcony, some are the same size as the balcony while others are bigger (extended/large) depending on their classification & location.

Regular OV on the Breakaway is 161 s.f. vs. 218 s.f. for the FOV. Balcony is 175 s.f. and Mini-Suite at 205 s.f. (not counting the balcony s.f.)